Oui

Helsinki   Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 am GMT
Is is true Hungarian is a very hard and "differnet" language then others. From what I have heard it sounds pretty crazy and very difficult to pick up. Anyone speak it out there. Let me know if its worth a shot or am I completley out of my mind. I speak English! Nothing else!
Babel   Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:54 am GMT
If you only speak English, it will be difficult to you. I´d study another language less difficult and more important: German, French, Spanish, etc.

I studied a basic Hungarian, and it is very, very difficult. But it is only my opinion.

Viszontlátásra!!!

Bye!!!!
Liz   Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:17 pm GMT
I don't know...as a native speaker, I can't really judge it objectively. Naturally, for me, Hungarian sounds are the easiest to pronounce - what's more, pronunciation doesn't really differ from the ortography. However, Hungarian syntax is much more complicated than, say, English syntax.

If you like the language and want to learn it, then have a try. I won't discourage you... :-)
Skippy   Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:08 pm GMT
I've wanted to learn Hungarian for sometime, I just don't have much time and can never force myself to sit down and start learning it.

It's a very difficult language, not because of anything particular about it, but because it's so different from English or any other language you've probably studied. It's even very different from the languages it's actually related to...

Be prepared for a ridiculous number of cases.... You don't have to worry about gender though... lol