@Pos & Friends

Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:04 pm GMT
<I've done very little to get rid of Pos, or Bridget, for that matter. >

That only deserves a LOL.
furrykef   Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:36 pm GMT
I've already said I'm tired of these condescending LOLs. I'll say it again: either grow up or shut up.

Now what exactly have I done to get rid of either of them? Disagree with them? That's hardly a major offense.

- Kef
Calliope   Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:46 pm GMT
I think the main points of Josh's post was to stop repeating the same "used to" questions over and over in new threads every time, and to stop harrassing other members. He clearly said he is not necessarily assuming you are sock puppets of one single person.

As for the claim that revealing you all share the same IP is a breach of confidentiality, it's ridiculous on so many levels one wouldn't know where to start. In most boards you'd be banned, and a public announcement would follow explaining you were banned because you all posted from the same IP. I do agree with something you people said though; good riddance.
Guest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:10 am GMT
<I for one will withdraw my contributions to this amateurly moderated forum>
Contributions? LOL! Nobody has benefited.
Guest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:45 am GMT
<In most boards you'd be banned, and a public announcement would follow explaining you were banned because you all posted from the same IP. I do agree with something you people said though; good riddance. >

Really? Which boards ban people for sharing the same IP? Do you think we can all afford multiple connections?
furrykef   Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:41 pm GMT
<< Really? Which boards ban people for sharing the same IP? >>

It's not a matter of shairng the same IP, but a matter of appearing to be a sock puppet. For an example of a forum that would ban such an offense, I believe that the HRWiki forum at http://forum.hrwiki.org/ would do that. (I'm a moderator over there, but I have no admin powers there myself.)

Although Josh and I both give the benefit of the doubt in this matter, it's hard to deny that the behavior of M56, etc. exhibits the characteristics of sock puppetry.

- Kef
beneficii   Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:16 pm GMT
I know Acmlm's Board has had issues with such users (board.acmlm.org and acmlm.no-ip.org), and has a policy of automatically permanently banning such users, unless one of the person's usernames has moderator/administrator status (some mods and admins over there like to create duplicate accounts too, but they're part of the staff and they have a kind of sway with the other staff).
Guest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:21 pm GMT
<Contributions? LOL! Nobody has benefited. >

You're another one who assumes to speak for all.
Gwest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:26 pm GMT
<Although Josh and I both give the benefit of the doubt in this matter, it's hard to deny that the behavior of M56, etc. exhibits the characteristics of sock puppetry. >

Just who the h*ll do you think you are, Kef? Your trolling is of the same style that got rid of Pos. You pretend to be concerned for this forum, when all I see is a you, a person who wants to rid the forum of all who challenge you and your half-researched and less than professional attempts at commenting on usage. You started with Pos, now you're on the way to get rid of M56. It's you who needs to grow up!
M56   Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:29 pm GMT
Don't get yourself banned, Gwest. Not on my account. My plan is to ignore such types as Kef when they're out for "revenge". Let it go.
Guest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:45 pm GMT
<Don't get yourself banned, Gwest. Not on my account. My plan is to ignore such types as Kef when they're out for "revenge". Let it go. >

I work for Scotland Yard. My simple question is that how these people seem to have the same writing style even if we assume that they are different people.
beneficii   Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:51 pm GMT
M56,

Oh really? Do you mean to say that Kef is colluding with the board staff to ban y'all? For what? For showing the light of learning language by asking repeated questions about the usage of "used to"? And they're part of some great conspiracy to keep it down?

Jeez, people don't want you here. Take the hint.
Sherlock   Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:56 pm GMT
I want him here!
Guest   Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:11 pm GMT
To M56/pos/etc....... [removed by moderator]. This forum has survived for years before you and other incarnations of your multiple personality disorder have clogged up the forum. You are allowed to discuss language related issues but please discuss them in a civilized manner. Harrassing other users with the help of other incarnations breach that code of conduct. We all can do this easily but you know we have got a real life to deal with outside this internet life so we can not devote 24 hours a day to the forum. You need to get a life if you cant change your style of discussing things. And yes, Josh is a bold moderator who is not willing to bog down with all of this forum etiquettes that are prevalent on other forums.
furrykef   Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 pm GMT
<< I know Acmlm's Board has had issues with such users >>

Ah, are you a fellow ROM hacker? :)

And now to deal with Gwest:

<< Just who the h*ll do you think you are, Kef? >>

An ordinary poster on this forum.

<< Your trolling is of the same style that got rid of Pos. >>

Trolling? Trolling is trying to incite a flame war. I've done nothing to do that. If you think otherwise, then tell me what exactly I have done. You, on the other hand, are making a direct personal attack. I don't look highly on hypocrisy.

Again, I state that Pos didn't even mention trolling at all. He only mentioned issues with Josh, and Josh isn't a troll or he wouldn't be a moderator. You're saying I'm guilty of a crime I'm not even being charged with.

Finally, you might note that several times when a *real* troll actually *did* make claims of sock puppetry, I have stated that I do not even care if they are sock puppets, and I would rather stay on the topic of discussion rather than care about such petty things.

<< You pretend to be concerned for this forum, when all I see is a you, a person who wants to rid the forum of all who challenge you and your half-researched and less than professional attempts at commenting on usage. You started with Pos, now you're on the way to get rid of M56. It's you who needs to grow up! >>

When have I ever expressed the idea that I'm always right? When have I said that my opinions are more than half-researched, or that they're professional? And when have I ever expressed the opinion that I want to get rid of Bridget, Pos, or M56? Sheesh, I don't want them to go away. That's no fun. I'm actually on your side, and here you are wasting time making personal attacks on me! You see a person who wants to get rid of the "competition" because you're *reading things into my posts that aren't there*. I'm not one of those saying "good riddance" in this thread. You're just making claims to make me look bad and have nothing to back them up. Please back them up with something other than snapping your head back and going "LOL", which only looks childish.

- Kef