Help about which language to learn :(

Seljuk   Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:19 pm GMT
But I don't see any chic facteur in learning Spanish when compared to Russian. Many people will be amazed to see I've learnt Russian due to its notorious difficulty. But if I learn Spanish, they will just say "oh, good, but does it work in Turkey?" And then I won't help slapping the speaker in front of me... Oh, but vous avez raison ;) Ok, now I have two choices, French and Spanish? Which one would you recommend? Spanish for also Portuguese to a very much extent and Italian to a certain extent? Or French for also Italian to a certain extent, and Spanish to a lesser extent something between ONLY ONLY ONLY %20? Ohh...
Guest   Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:22 pm GMT
French if you're in Turkey, duh
Adolfo   Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:31 pm GMT
Why would Spanish be easier than Russian. ?Considering you are Turkish they will result equally strange to you.
Perhaps Spanish will not be useful to you if you stay in Turkey but considering that Spain is almost the only country in Europe that want Turkey to join the union, it would be good to learn the language of one potential ally of your country in the EU.
Guest   Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:56 pm GMT
Adolfo, is what you say really true? I thought the countries that want Turkey to join are the ex-Warsaw Pact countries
K.T.   Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:44 pm GMT
"Considering you are Turkish they will result equally strange to you."

I wondered this as well. It's difficult to know which would be more difficult.

Since Seljuk already knows English, Spanish would probably be easier.