bitch

Guest   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:00 pm GMT
Hi

1. Is it okay to use for calling a man? Is it only restricted to a woman(as bitch is a female dog)?

2. How do you pronounce "kind of " in an informal speech? "Kinda" or "Kai-na"?

Ice cube who is an actor and director from Hollywood. He kept pronouncing his "kind of" as "kai-na" and "and" as "anna"?

Thanks.
M56   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:11 pm GMT
<1. Is it okay to use for calling a man? Is it only restricted to a woman(as bitch is a female dog)? >

Some gay men use it in referring to other gay men. Some American black guys use it in reference to other men.

<2. How do you pronounce "kind of " in an informal speech? "Kinda" or "Kai-na"? >

Both are heard.
Guest   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:32 pm GMT
<Some gay men use it in referring to other gay men. Some American black guys use it in reference to other men.>

On Jerry Springer show, it was spoken by a white teenager to his mother's boy friend who happened to be a white man as well.
Robin   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:38 pm GMT
Well, in the UK, "Bitch" only refers to a woman. OK, I know that Gay people have their own slang.

Also, "Bitch" refers to a 'female dog'. However, I would be careful in using the word 'Bitch' to refer to a female dog, because even though it is the proper use for the word, the word "Bitch" is deeply offensive, even though it may be used a lot in some circles.

Do you kinda get my meaning?

You know what I mean?

DOG: has also developed some unpleasant connotations. I think that this is because dogs are not well regarded in Muslim countries.

Bye for now

Robin
Pete   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:41 pm GMT
"bitch" is a curse word. If you use it, you are cursing.
Guest   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:06 pm GMT
<On Jerry Springer show, it was spoken by a white teenager to his mother's boy friend who happened to be a white man as well. >

Really? Maybe they were both gay. ;-))
Chali   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:09 pm GMT
<"bitch" is a curse word. If you use it, you are cursing. >

Some American girls use it to their bestfriend. It's not aways a curse.
Le   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:09 pm GMT
What episode of Jerry Springer was it? Maybe it's on youtube?
Pete   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:15 pm GMT
<<Some American girls use it to their bestfriend. It's not aways a curse.>>

Yes, "bitch" is a swear word.
Chali   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:27 pm GMT
<Yes, "bitch" is a swear word. >

Not for everyone.
Skippy   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:27 pm GMT
You can say bitch to whomever you want, but with guys you'd probably hear "son of a bitch" more often.
Pete   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:29 pm GMT
"bitch" is a swear word/curse word/profanity that is often beeped out on television.
Chali   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:37 pm GMT
<"bitch" is a swear word/curse word/profanity >

Not for everyone, Pete.
Pete   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:40 pm GMT
<<Not for everyone, Pete.>>

If you say "bitch" during a presentation, or at a church you'll get odd looks.
Pete   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:44 pm GMT
"bitch" is most certainly a curse word, if it wasn't a curse word, it wouldn't be bleeped out on television.