"clothes dryer" or "tumble dryer"

Hole   Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:42 am GMT
Which do you use?
Skippy   Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:27 am GMT
Clothes dryer
furrykef   Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:52 am GMT
"Clothers dryer" or, much, much more often, just "dryer".
SpaceFlight   Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:24 am GMT
I always use simply "dryer" to refer to the device. I never say "clothes dryer" or "tumble dryer". Who ever even uses those terms?
K. T.   Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:42 am GMT
I use "dryer", but I've heard all terms used.
Andy   Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:26 pm GMT
My niece likes to watch the washing go round and round in the "drumble drumble" (toddler-speak for tumble dryer).

By clothes dryer, do you mean a clothes horse, a clothes line or the drumble drumble?.
Travis   Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:30 pm GMT
I myself just use "dryer" - I do not use "clothes dryer" or "tumble dryer". However, if I had to pick one of the two, I would pick "clothes dryer".
K. T.   Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:09 pm GMT
I agree with Travis.
Matt   Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:24 pm GMT
Tumble dryer, or just "Dryer".
Amal   Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:13 pm GMT
I don't think I've ever said anything but just plain"dryer" but I would probably be more likely to use "clothes dryer" if anything.
I ate spam   Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:31 pm GMT
Tumble Dryer