Spelling of a word.

Rodrigo (COL)   Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:02 pm GMT
I have doubts about the spelling of a word rarely seen written down. It is the plastic disc that people throw at the beach. Is it "freesby", "frisby"(as the Colombian chicken brand) or any other spelling.
davidab   Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 pm GMT
It's 'frisbee'
Lazar   Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:15 pm GMT
It's spelled "frisbee". The term originated as a trademark for a specific brand, but in common usage it's used as a generic term for flying discs. You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisbee .
Rodrigo (COL)   Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:20 pm GMT
Thank you very much for your answers. A trademark written in English must be hard to spell. Is the word frisbee used everywhere or only in a few places?
K. T.   Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:06 pm GMT
It seems very common to me and I've lived in various places in the US.