Anybody studies or speaks Hindi/Urdu here?

SJF   Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:37 am GMT
Hi all:
I am Chinese and when I was a college student,my major was Hindi language and modern Hindi literature,I studied Urdu for one year too,because I thought that Hindustani is actually ONE language but not two separate languages,though some religion-nationalist may argue that these two languages represent two contradictive cultures and Hindi is India while Urdu is Pakistan.
I want to make friends with those people who study/speak Hindustani or have interest in Hindustani Literature.
Guest   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:10 am GMT
SJF:
Kyaa Haal Chaal Hein? (What's up?)

I speak Urdu as a native language and can communicate easily with Indians. Urdu and Hindhi are mutually intelligibe languages when it comes to speaking. Drop your email address. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Shukariyaa. (Thanks).
SJF   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:18 am GMT
Salaam Guest:
My email address/MSN is sunjianfeng1982@hotmail.com.I can speak Urdu and I have ever been guide of a Pakistani College Students' Team that came to China for travel.But some alafaaz are very different with Hindi words.I can understand some of them because I have studies Farsi for 1 year,but most of them....I can't.
Guest   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:28 am GMT
Sure. Some alfaaz are different from Hindhi yet you can guess their meaning given the context clues. Detailed baat ho gi email per jub tuk kye lye Khuda Hafiz.
LOL   Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:51 am GMT
I think Franco does.