how u answer this question?

nick   Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:36 pm GMT
when people say "what's up"? I know I can say "nothing" " nothing much" or something like that? and How can greet them, I do whatever I like, such as " how u doing?" "how r u?", or I have to say "what's up?"
Guest   Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:19 pm GMT
"How's it going" is another greeting that is so common among American speakers. You should try it out. "Nothing" or "nothing much" is an usual answer to greetings like "What's up?"

If you want to try something different, then ask "How's life treating you?"
Skippy   Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:59 pm GMT
I pretty much always say "what's up?"

You could say "What have you been up to?" "how's life?" etc. It's all good... lol
nick   Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:52 pm GMT
I heard some people said "how to go?" or kind of it, I don't know If I got it right, so what my answer should be ?
SpaceFlight   Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:10 pm GMT
<<I heard some people said "how to go?" or kind of it, I don't know If I got it right, so what my answer should be ?>>

I've never heard that. That would sound weird to me.
Lo   Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:50 pm GMT
<<"How to go?">>

Maybe you mean way to go? But that's something completely different than a greeting that's a way of congratulating someone.

I personally say "how's it going?" or "what you (guys) up to?"
nick   Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:03 pm GMT
or maybe it's "how'd go"?
Lo   Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:37 pm GMT
"How'd go" still doesn't sound right to me.

"How'd you do?" maybe?
Guest   Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:22 am GMT
"How'd you do?" is out-dated now.
Guest   Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:25 am GMT
Maybe "How'd it go?"
nick   Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:57 am GMT
yeah,that's it, how'd it go? is this question same to "how's it going?"? or what answers should be?
Guest   Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:49 am GMT
"How'd it go?" doesn't mean the same as "how are you?" or "how's it going?" It's used when you want to ask how well a recent event went for someone. For example, if someone took a test, you might ask them "how'd it go?" to find out how well they think they did on the test.
nick   Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:26 am GMT
Thank u! GUEST!