email

Guest   Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:20 am GMT
Hello,

I have to send an email to a furniture distributor, and I need help with my message. Can you please correct the mistakes:

"I saw the armchair on your website at a cost of $100. I'm highly/ very interested. Yet, I thought that this piece of furniture could be sold by only one distributor. Could you certify/garantee me that this chair is an item perfectly true to the original armchair, and that it is not a fake. Thanks for your answer / for answering me."

I know that correcting mistakes is not the aim of this forum, but I really need help, and I have no one to turn to.
Thanks very much!
Pub Lunch   Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:37 am GMT
Hi Guest, will the person you are e-mailing understand what armchair you are talking about?? They may have lots of various items for sale and so you might need to be more specific. My English is not the best (despite being English!!) but I will have a go.

"Hi, I’m very interested in the armchair that I saw advertised on your website at a cost of $100. Am I correct in assuming that this piece of furniture is being sold by only the one distributor?

Is it possible to give me some sort of guarantee that this item is authentic and not a fake?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you."

Guest - I'm sure other people on this forum will be able to help you more than I can but I hope that helped.
Guest   Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 pm GMT
Thanks for your answer Pub lunch. It does really help.
Can any native speaker help me with this? It is really important to me...
Guest   Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:58 pm GMT
How about:

"I’m interested in the armchair (item xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) that I saw advertised on your website for $100.

I was under the impression that this item is sold exclusively by one distributor (xxxxx = name of distributor). Is this item is authentic, and not a replica or imitation/reproduction?

Thanks for your time.
Pub Lunch   Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:15 pm GMT
Oi Guest - I am a native speaker mate, I'm English (like I said)!!!!
K. T.   Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:56 pm GMT
I wouldn't use the word "fake"...

The poster who suggested the following did a great job.

"I’m interested in the armchair (item xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) that I saw advertised on your website for $100.

I was under the impression that this item is sold exclusively by one distributor (xxxxx = name of distributor). Is this item is authentic, and not a replica or imitation/reproduction?

Thanks for your time.-Guest

Ai, poor Pub Lunch. Don't feel bad, beneficii asked me if my native language was Japanese....
K. T.   Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:57 pm GMT
Or something like that...

(I'm not mad at beneficii, btw.)
Guest   Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:11 am GMT
<<Ai, poor Pub Lunch. Don't feel bad, beneficii asked me if my native language was Japanese.... >>

Not to drift too far off topic, but I assume this was because your Japanese was native-like in its perfection? :)
Guest   Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:38 pm GMT
I am really sorry Pubb lunch...
I didn't mean to be rude... I just skipped the part when you said you were English!!
Thanks again for your help!
Guest   Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:40 pm GMT
sorry again Pub lunch, but this time for having made a mistake typing your name...
Don't think I have something against you ;)
Ginsters pie chunkychips   Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:27 pm GMT
'ere whats wiv the funny name, mr Lunch?