Emergency Medical Quiz

K. T.   Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:54 am GMT
"How are you planning to use the translations into languages that you don't speak, by the way? Will you print them for the patients to read and ask them to answer each question by yes or no?"-Yop

Yes, something like that. Except for Greek, which I just started, I know the languages above to varying degrees. A lot of medical words are similar in European languages.

I should have added this for the translations:

* If (name of the language) is your native language and you would like an interpreter, please check this box.

Thanks again for all the help.

Rodrigo, I thought your translation was fine. Don't worry.
Russian   Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:01 am GMT
У Вас есть аллергия на какие-то медикаменты?

Вы принимаете что нибудь в данный момент?

Какова причина Вашего визита?

Сколько раз Вы были госпитализированы и по каким причинам?

У Вас болит грудь/челюсть/рука?
K. T.   Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 am GMT
Thank-you very much, Russian.

Just one question...

For allergies (including food and latex), what should I say?

Thanks again!
K. T.   Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:05 am GMT
It's important to know about "allergies", not just allergies to medications. Recently more people (including staff) have developed allergies to latex. Latex is found in gloves and other common items found in healthcare settings. For patients with latex allergies, non-latex gloves and other products without latex will be used.
Guest   Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:18 am GMT
¿Con qué se fabrican los guantes que no son de látex?
K. T.   Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:00 am GMT
Vinyl gloves are an option. If you type in this link, you can look at some other types. Gloves aren't the only problem, though. A catheter could cause an allergic reaction as well.

Simply, we ask "Do you have any allergies?" or do you have any "Allergies to anything"...

http://www.dontheglove.com/syntheticgloves/
Guest   Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:25 am GMT
K.T.
Don't get me wrong, plz, but I have to tell you; you don't have to type in the link, you just have to click on it.
Yop   Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:53 pm GMT
<I should have added this for the translations:

* If (name of the language) is your native language and you would like an interpreter, please check this box.>

“Si le français n'est pas votre langue maternelle et que vous souhaitez l'aide d'un interprète, veuillez cocher cette case.”