you are so american!

Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:37 am GMT
I was having a conversation with older brother's friend or gf I dont know. She told me that my older brother is so American. I dont understand what it means. BTW, I am not from the usa but my bro lives in the usa.

Thanks.
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:48 am GMT
She probably meant that he's more American in comparison to you.
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:58 am GMT
You are so s...pid!
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:07 am GMT
I am asking what it means to be "more American." I do not see any changes in my brother's behaviour except he speaks English with a close American accent so that makes him so American...LOL!
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:15 am GMT
Bitch, you just wrote yourself what it means and why she said that!
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:53 am GMT
lol, I guess it was kind of a nice way of saying you are so.....!
Skippy   Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:19 pm GMT
Well, think about how people in your native country stereotype Americans. Whatever adjectives you may use to describe a stereotypical American, that's what she's saying you are.

By the way, it's not necessarily a bad thing :-)
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 pm GMT
Which are the stereotypes she probably had in mind when she said : you are so American!? What are the most shared stereotypes about the Americans ?
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:49 pm GMT
<<Which are the stereotypes she probably had in mind when she said : you are so American!? >>

It's probably best to ask her what stereotypes she had in mind.
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:41 pm GMT
She is a bitch - she was the same girl who once called my English "funky". I think she had better get her act together otherwise ...
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:52 pm GMT
Are you jealous of your older brother because his English is better?
Guest   Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:29 pm GMT
I think she's jealous of her brother's girlfriend because the latter gets her snootch pounded on Friday nights and the author of the thread doesn't. It's all psychology.
Guest   Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:53 am GMT
It's so ironic how Europeans and others hastle Americans for being stupid and closed -minded when they are the msot stupid and closed-minded of all for doing the hastling in the first place!
adam   Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 pm GMT
dear Guest,

About europeans, do you consider the french for being europeans? Because in england, we don't.
Skippy   Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:54 pm GMT
One of my tutors in Oxford said that the English are the ones that would say "you're not in Europe, you're in England."

The impression I get from the French is that they think they are Europe... :-)