Learn Spanish in Cuzco Peru

wilmer miguel   Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:06 pm GMT
Hey there,

I just spent three weeks in cusco at peru language center Spanish School. They set up volunteer work and homestays to allow complete immersion if so desired. I found the teachers professional, enthusiastic and good fun and the overall price was not too bad. I did private lessons for $6USD an hour. You can find cheaper in Cusco but you generally get what you pay in terms of the quality of your teacher and their teaching resources.
visit their web site. www.perulanguage.com
Good luck with the Spanish
Brennus   Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:14 pm GMT
Wilmer,

El Cusco es más un lugar donde yo iría si yo quisiera aprender Quechua. Puedo aprender el español casi en algún otro sitio.

Cuzco is more a palce where I would go if I wanted to learn Quechua. I can learn Spanish almost anywhere else.
Ed   Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:12 am GMT
LOL, that's exactly wht I was gonna say. Just a small correction Brennus, if you don't mind, Puedo aprender el español casi en qualquier otro sitio.
Brennus   Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:06 am GMT
I don't mind Ed. Thanks for the correction.
--- Brennus
william   Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:09 pm GMT
miguel has reason. because i also learned there. and my spanish is good.
william   Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:11 pm GMT
sorry ed and brennus. but you can say in spanish. "puedo aprender el español en cualquier otro sitio" this is correct to say.
Brennus   Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:17 pm GMT
William,

The use of "Casi" may be optional but it can be used with "cualquier". The internet gives many examples including:

Se puede pedir casi cualquier título (You can ask for almost any title).

...pero se adapta fácilmente a casi cualquier negocio.
(... but it adapts easily to almost any business.)

...sobre casi cualquier valle de Cataluña.
(... over almost any valley of Catalonia.) etc.
*CarloS*   Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:04 am GMT
Lol, not the first time I see these type of advertising, cheap...
Vnoelleb   Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:55 pm GMT
I have seen these same people posting on other forums with verbatin comments on Peru Language school -anyone really who has really studied there have comments?
Thanks,
VB
Riko   Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:58 pm GMT
Why don't they teach Quechua in Cusco, Peru?
mike brown   Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:33 pm GMT
hello Vnoelleb
The school has a very nice surrounding, it's really a nice place to study Spanish.The students are very funny and you also really learn a lot. You can speak spanish after a few weeks. i studied there visit the page comment.
http://www.perulanguage.com/English/comments.asp
RiKo   Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:54 pm GMT
Why would you want to learn Castilian in Cusco? That is asenine. That is like learning English in Kolkata. I'll ask again, why isn't it possible to learn Quechua at your school?
carlos   Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:33 am GMT
hello riko. your very stupid or crazy beacuse you only think to study quechua. i hope that you think about this. this is a forum about suggest.