Why no separate Spanish forum?

Guest   Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:28 am GMT
so many threads about Spanish - so why no separate forum for it?
Guest   Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:32 am GMT
I agree with you.
JLK   Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:51 am GMT
Oh dear...

Why was my post deleted? Nothing I said was incorrect and if anything, it assisted in answering the question.

It appears some of the moderators on this forum have 'Big Brother' syndrome. Bloody communists...
Juan   Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:11 am GMT
Even though I agree that one needs to take action against the trolls, I deplore the fact that much useful information from earnest foreros also disappeared as some threads were deleted.
Guest   Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:39 am GMT
That's because there too many questions about Spanish and that Spanish is a very complex language to learn. they should move it elsewhere
Juan   Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 am GMT
<< I only deleted a half-dozen or so threads that were already full of trollery before the latest wave. The other threads have dropped back down on the list, but you can find them using the search bar. Many of them are still locked, so let me know if you want to have one opened. >>

For example in the recent thread about the ability of Brazilians to speak Spanish there were two or three sane, informative comments.
I respect your decision to lock them, but perhaps if you decide to delete a whole thread, you might consider the few healthy posts it contains.

I feel like Abraham pleading God for Sodom and Gomorrah to be saved here. :p

>> 22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD. 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

26 The LORD said, "If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake."

27 Then Abraham spoke up again: "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, 28 what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city because of five people?"
"If I find forty-five there," he said, "I will not destroy it."

29 Once again he spoke to him, "What if only forty are found there?"
He said, "For the sake of forty, I will not do it."

30 Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?"
He answered, "I will not do it if I find thirty there."

31 Abraham said, "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?"
He said, "For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it."

32 Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?"
He answered, "For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it." <<
Guest   Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:49 am GMT
Will you stop quoting bible verses to defend your cause. "You should not use God's name in vain".

After all it was the fault of the fanatics around here that lead to those thread's deletion.
greg   Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:11 am GMT
« Guest » : « so many threads about Spanish [...] ».

Sans doute parce que la plupart de ceux-ci ont été artificiellement créés ou ressuscités il y a peu. Souvent par des « Guest », qui plus est. Sans parler du contenu qui laisse parfois à désirer. Mais avec le temps, cette première impression ne peut qu'évoluer favorablement, nous l'espérons tous.
Guest   Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:37 am GMT
No son creados artificialmente, payaso, existen de antes. Yo los subo de nuevo por si hay gente que no los había visto nunca, para que participe en ellos.
greg   Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:26 pm GMT
« Guest » : « No son creados artificialmente, payaso, existen de antes. » → « [...] ont été artificiellement créés ou ***ressuscités*** [...] ». Tu sais lire ?

« Guest » : « Yo los subo de nuevo por si hay gente que no los había visto nunca, para que participe en ellos. »

Tu crois pas que les gens sont assez grands pour vérifier eux-même dans l'historique s'il existe des salons archivés susceptibles de les intéresser ?
Guest   Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:28 pm GMT
greg, lo siento pero no te voy a responder más. Bastante he hecho intentando descifrar esa lengua extraña. O hablas en un idioma normal o no tengo nada más que decirte.