The word "nock"

Uriel, continued   Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:15 am GMT
Or also:

Meaning #1: make small marks into the surface of
Synonyms: score, mark
Sho   Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:52 pm GMT
I'm Japanese and as far as I know, the word "nock" is not a Japanese origin word and wouldn't mean anything in our language.
eito(jpn)   Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:05 pm GMT
I first heard the word "nock" some months ago. More precisely, I heard it in a phrase like "nokku-shiki no boorupen"("nock"-style ball-point pen). That was new to me. I myself had never used that word. Generally, I presume very few peeple would say it like that.
Jose   Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:32 pm GMT
I don't know the meaning of "Every nock anda cranny". What does this expression means?
Kirk   Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:37 pm GMT
Etymonline says this about the word:

<<'nock'

"notch on a bow," 1398, probably from a Scand. source (cf. Swed. 'nock' "notch"), but cf. also Low Ger. 'nokk,' Du. 'nok' "tip of a sail.">>
Kirk   Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:01 pm GMT
<<I don't know the meaning of "Every nock anda cranny". What does this expression means?>>

I don't know that expression but it sounds like one I do know; "every nook and cranny." That means something like "every little tiny spot." An example of its usage would be "I can't find my glasses--I've searched every nook and cranny around the house and they're still nowhere to be found." Or here's another one; "Grandma hates throwing things away so much that every little nook and cranny in her small condo is filled with random trinkets."
Christy   Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:58 am GMT
In the industrial production of pens, nocking is the process of fitting a stopper into the barrel.
jodi   Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:35 pm GMT
It means in "every place possible". Example- I could not find my missing wallet. I looked in every nock and crannie, it was nowhere to be found.