conversation on telephone

Guest   Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:34 am GMT
I am not good at having conversations on the phone.

I have a problem asking specific questions with another person.

Sometimes I do not know how to introduce myself with that person and I do not know how to enquire about things that I wanted to know.

What exactly should I do in order to fix this problem?
Thanks.
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:56 am GMT
say hello, it's me or guess. If you guess you have a chance of knowing who is me. me is the right guess if you guess. once you guessed who is me by guessing, than the guessing of guessing me is over and finally we can guess what to do later.
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:32 am GMT
What is this? The funny advice column? At least we won't help terrorists with THAT advice!

Sample Dialogue

A. Hello, I am Mr. Ter-ur. How do I buy all cigarets in your Georgian Market?

B. Huh? Whaar ya callin' from buddy? Macon? You need to change cell PHONE companies, y'hear? I cain't HEAR you! What was your name, agin?

A. Hello. I am Guess. You have chance of knowing me.

B. Chance Knowinmee? I reckon that is as strange a name as they come, are you KIN to the Knowinmees from Hinesville?

A. No! Antimoon Adviceman tell me you must guess!

B. Now, I don' like the tone you're using, son. I think you are too old to buy cigarettes, is what I'm thinkin'. You are just going to have to roll your own.

For entertainment purposes only.
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:36 am GMT
B. I mean, I think you are TOO YOUNG. You stay out of grandpa's moonshine, y'hear.

C. Who was that, dear?

B. I think it was your cousin from Georgia, dear.

C. It's not nice to make fun of people, Ralphie, on Christmas Eve or any other time.

B. Yes, dear.
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:42 am GMT
Now, the real advice.

This is ______________. Do you carry ___________(name of item)?
Could you tell me how much that would be? I'm afraid that I don't have a catalog. (a little formal, but it works.)
beneficii   Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:42 am GMT
Hello, this is Felonius Bob, please do you carry (item) in stock? Please, I would like for you to e-mail me with the prices and details of (item) that you carry in stock to feloniusbob@yahoo.com (may or may not be a real e-mail address). Please repeat to me the e-mail address.
beneficii   Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:02 am GMT
Guest,

"say hello, it's me or guess. If you guess you have a chance of knowing who is me. me is the right guess if you guess. once you guessed who is me by guessing, than the guessing of guessing me is over and finally we can guess what to do later."

Damn internet-based telecommunications relay prankster. I bet you make the operator's job happy. :rolleyes:
beneficii   Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:02 am GMT
Guest,

"say hello, it's me or guess. If you guess you have a chance of knowing who is me. me is the right guess if you guess. once you guessed who is me by guessing, than the guessing of guessing me is over and finally we can guess what to do later."

Damn internet-based telecommunications relay prankster. I bet you make the operator's job happy. :rolleyes:
Guest   Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:55 am GMT
Here's how to talk on the phone with someone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQw44G0O9rQ