Spanish difficulty

Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:01 pm GMT
"German is probably the closest foreign language to English that there is."

Not at all! They don't share grammar, pronunciation, syntax and vocabulary.

"these kinds of weird rules make English very difficult to learn"

What are you talking about????
Are these ones the difficulties??
The plural of words ending in -fe which turn in -ves is easy to remember and there are very few words like that (knife/ves etc..) and the "irregular plurals" in English are in the every chapter about plurals of every English grammar. How many irregular plurals are there? About 10!
There are difficult things about English, but not these ones for sure.
Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:15 pm GMT
"I've read your damn link and at any moment it says:
"Esperanto is the easiest language in the world to learn. It is estimated that it is five times easier to learn than Spanish, ten times easier than English, and twenty times easier than Japanese""

>>Well then you need some glasses buddy.
Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:27 pm GMT
Why on hell Spanish would be 5 times easier than Spanish? Anybody who thought that must be mentally sick.
Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:28 pm GMT
Why on hell Spanish would be 5 times easier than Englsih? Anybody who thought that must be mentally sick.
Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:38 pm GMT
Your stupid English arrogance just makes me sick, the reason why English is the most learn second language is not becuase it is the easiest, but because of the United States, so deal with it your language is not the easiest, why is it so god damn hard to understand?
furrykef   Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:27 pm GMT
Okay... very little of this has anything to do with my original post...
Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:37 pm GMT
I'm tired of hearing non native Spanish speakers badtreating the subjunctive and using the indicative at nearly all the ocassions they should use the subjunctive, that's why I think it's not easy.
Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:47 pm GMT
Please, stick to discussing Spanish.

The subjunctive is not easy. If you see it in writting it may seem clear, but how about when you're yourself writing, you will constantly be plagued by doubts, and when speaking even more. You can't just pause and think whether the subjunctive or indicative in conversation, and if you do, then it means it's hard.

But it's not impossible of course, no language is impossible. But it is as hard as any of the tricky things in languages.
Guest   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:44 pm GMT
This site is not for ranting and chatting.