Other World Languages II

Guest   Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:40 pm GMT
Spanish will be a compulsory subject in all schools across Philippines in the next course. The mercyful president, Gloria Macapagal said so. Philippines want to speak Spanish again, they are Hispanic already in many aspects.
Guest   Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:58 pm GMT
There are only 6.3 millions of French speakers in Quebec, the rest of Canadian French speakers do not count because without restrictive laws promoting French and demoting English like in Quebec, they will embrace the English language at the speed of light.
Xie   Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:16 pm GMT
>>Stop using Xie's name.

No, that's me. Otherwise, I would be commenting more on Canada which I've never been to.

I believe I'm always posted here decently. If someone does impersonate me, you would know. (lol, pretty a proof test shown in my own language?)

I understand. In forums in my own language, you could expect few (if any at all) foreign users, and many like arguing their heads off over many language issues, for example, simply based on their own very limited experiences as someone who's never been abroad, either. And then, here, some of you are forever arguing over international language A & B & C and whatnot. I'm not in a position to "scold" some of you who are so much into arguing, but as I see it, do YOU believe it makes sense to spend a lot of your own precious time on something that helps/amuses/hurts nobody?
JLK   Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:18 pm GMT
My time is not precious and I spend like I want to.
Güest   Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:24 pm GMT
No other language supersedes the hegemony of English today.
Guest   Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:34 pm GMT
Yes, I would like that it was Spanish, but I'm happy because it's English and not French the world lingua franca.
Güest   Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:46 pm GMT
Yes. I'm quite happy myself, because compared to other European languages, English has a relatively easy grammar.
JLK   Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:38 pm GMT
Previous post does not belongeth to me. Please, delete it. The impersonator is talking about himself.
JLK   Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:54 pm GMT
Yes it belongs to me.