Lets discuss english

Mark   Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:33 am GMT
hi made this yahoo groups for only dedicated writers of antimoon forum plz join hands with those who want to learn from you and welcome those who want to learn english particularly speakin at a general level of english and to reduce their accents.
plz help its an appeal.

Specialy MSXMANIC

BRENNUS
& ALL REMAINING I FORGOT.
Mark   Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:34 am GMT
Mark   Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:39 am GMT
abde   Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:44 pm GMT
thanks Mark, English has been a pain for me for years. I never succeed to fill up gaps, though I teach English in my country. Still my English needs improvement
Guest   Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:19 pm GMT
And it would be a pain for the rest of your career if you continue teaching the language.
abde   Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:13 pm GMT
why do u say that Guest? I'm hopeful and I can make it better with a little help from antimooners
eito(jpn)   Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:47 pm GMT
When I was a student, the Internet was not available. It did not exist. But now, things are completely different.
huong   Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:54 am GMT
please help me in writing
abde   Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:19 pm GMT
what kind of help do u need, huong?
Monomachus   Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:21 pm GMT
If you really wanna learn english check this site out
http://monomachus.en101.com
****(jpn)   Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:10 am GMT
>>please help me in writing<<

Just copy clear sentences and customize them to fit your needs!
stella   Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:49 am GMT
to abde
"English has been a pain for me for years. I never succeed to fill up gaps, though I teach English in my country."
why whould anyone start teaching a language he or she does not like? it's like if I were starting to teach maths or anything like that... hope you'll notice that English is not painful at all =)
don't you like it cuz you are not really good at it or don't you like it cuz teaching it is so terrible?
I always wanted to become an English teacher in a foreign country when I was a kid, but now I've been to Germany and I've tried to teach and - nonononono I don't want to do that again cuz no one is participating or anything and there's hardly anybody interested in the stuff I trya tell those kids at all.... so teaching English can be very very painful...
by the way, which country are you from?
FranlyN   Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:34 pm GMT
I attended a local "Writing For Pleasure" class. The lady who actually sat at the front was an English tutor and she taught within another County. She was 52 and very good at helping the class to write and to open up themselves. It was constructive and helped all that atteneded.

She marked our work. She would check the grammer and she missed little. Sometimes she would question mark something she spotted because she wasn't sure if it would be right or wrong. She was very thorough.

One day I asked her if she had ever written a book, or at least some short stories. She told me that she had never written a story, at least not of her own design but more for instructional purposes. I was puzzled by that. Here was a lady that taught English grammer that had never put pen to paper of anything for herself. I said I didn't quite understand and wondered why she would want to teach people to do something she didn't do herself. She replied with:

"Because, Frank, there are those that do and there are those that teach."

What say you teachers?

FranklyN
FranklyN   Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:36 pm GMT
(smile) ... Next time I should write when I have time to check for typo's

;-)

FranklyN
Peter   Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:27 am GMT
you can try english lessons for free at www.internetlanguageschool.en101.com