What Languages Are You Currently Studying?

Steve   Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:01 pm GMT
I already know German, French, Italian, and Spanish. Right now I am learning Albanian as it has emerged as one of the most important languages in Europe. Everywhere you go in Europe these days, it is impossible not to meet an Albanian the first day of your trip. Plus, it is spoken officially or semi-officially in 5-6 European states. It is also, one of the oldest spoken Indo-European languages. After I finish up with Albanian, I think that Chinese will be my next stop, but I'm leaving it the last one, because I know it will take me a good chunk of my precious life.
Guest   Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:05 pm GMT
Albanian will dissapear quite soon. It's rumored that Russia will invade Kossovo and Albania and impose the Russian language.
Guest   Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:23 pm GMT
Kudos to you, Steve, on your languages, but where are you meeting these Albanians? I have never met an Albanian in my life. Are they working in factories, in a specific field? I'm curious. I'm always curious about the languages people choose.
Guest   Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:56 pm GMT
He's a troll. Duh.
Guest   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:13 am GMT
Why is that? Because he mentioned "Albanians"?
Guest   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:18 am GMT
No because of this:

Everywhere you go in Europe these days, it is impossible not to meet an Albanian the first day of your trip.
Guesty   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:25 am GMT
Yeah, that is quite exagerated.
Guest   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:11 am GMT
It does seem like an exaggeration, but some people simply talk or write like that. On the other hand, I know nothing about the Albanian language, but the country is tiny. Therefore, if true, I would really like to know why Steve is learning Albanian.
SJF   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:55 am GMT
Mother tongue:Mandarin
1st foreign language:English
2nd:Hindi (my major in university)
3rd:German
4th:French
5th:Urdu
6th:Bengali
7th:Persian
And I'll begin to learn Polish next month and Sanskrit in Sept.
Guest   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:57 am GMT
If true, that is an interesting list.
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:11 pm GMT
Steve Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:01 pm GMT
I already know German, French, Italian, and Spanish. Right now I am learning Albanian as it has emerged as one of the most important languages in Europe. Everywhere you go in Europe these days, it is impossible not to meet an Albanian the first day of your trip. Plus, it is spoken officially or semi-officially in 5-6 European states. It is also, one of the oldest spoken Indo-European languages. After I finish up with Albanian, I think that Chinese will be my next stop, but I'm leaving it the last one, because I know it will take me a good chunk of my precious life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve, you are so so humorous!