intergermanic, interslavic

Travis   Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:43 pm GMT
In comparison, I would have to say that you probably could most easily characterize IG as Middle German pronounced as if it were Low Saxon and stripped of a very large portion of its inflectional morphology (while leaving its derivational morphology intact).
Guest112   Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:03 am GMT
Is there no language like IG that is based on mainly English rather than German and the Romatic languages?
Colette   Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:10 pm GMT
I have seen something about Folkspraak... You can take part in creating the language. Obviously it's intergermanic....
Travis   Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:24 pm GMT
>>I have seen something about Folkspraak... You can take part in creating the language. Obviously it's intergermanic....<<

I've seen it, and honestly it is a piece of crap. It clearly is not constructed from a Germanistics standpoint but rather is just a very haphazard hashing of features from German and English together without any real systematic design much the less any systematic diachronically constructed phonology. It ignores both the Low German languages and North Germanic for all practical intents and purposes and with little justification (whereas I have constrained IG to be largely a mixture of Low German (incl. Low Franconian) and High German features because that is what I have judged as being the most workable in a systematic fashion from a design standpoint).