a proper title ?!

elena   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:28 pm GMT
hi ,

what title can we use for sb who is master in special field ?!

for example einstein is a physicist & I can use a proper title befor his name , you know ... I think Mr & Sir are n't good !

can we say :"Master Einstein" in sentence like this "one of my favorite characterists is Master Einstein(or the master einstein) "

can you understand what I mean ?!!!

a proper word that is for respecting sb & also shows being master .
guest   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:57 pm GMT
"the Great" often works well ('the Great Physicist Einstein'), also 'the Legendary', 'the incomparable'
as does Dr. X or X PhD if that's applicable
guest   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:58 pm GMT
or you could just say "Einstein, that Master Physicist,..."
elena   Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:12 pm GMT
thanks , but where is the right place for this word ?!

the legendary physicist Einstein

or

Einstein , the legendary physicist

or

the legendary Einstein

?!

by the way!, dear friend ! i think legendary means" fabulous " , could this word correct to shows respect & being master ?!
elena   Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:19 pm GMT
& another point :

suppose that the person who we want to choose this title for him/her is sb that we are speaking to , for example you are a master , your name is Jim, & i want to use this title befor your name

are the previous titles right ?
elena   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:23 am GMT
is n't there anybody to help me ?!!!!
Guest   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:44 am GMT
If he's got a Phd you say DOCTOR or PROFESSOR

So, say DOCTOR/PROFESSOR EINSTEIN
Uriel   Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:49 pm GMT
<<suppose that the person who we want to choose this title for him/her is sb that we are speaking to , for example you are a master , your name is Jim, & i want to use this title befor your name>>

You generally don't use titles in front of a person's first name. If you are already on a first-name basis, you are way past honorifics.

If all they have is a Master's degree, there is no special title. Only people with Ph.D's (doctorate degrees) are entitled to be called "doctor". And no matter how advanced a degree you have, unless you are actually employed by a university as a professor, you cannot be called "Professor".

On the subject of "legendary" -- yes, it can mean "fabulous", in the sense of being mythical or made-up. But it also means "famous", so calling Albert Einstein a legendary physicist is perfectly okay.

As for your question about these options:

the legendary physicist Einstein

or

Einstein , the legendary physicist

or

the legendary Einstein

Any of these would be correct.
elena   Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:21 pm GMT
thank you so much dear friend

I got it completely :)

best wishes