Looking for Deputy Administrator

Tom   Tuesday, March 02, 2004, 19:48 GMT
mjd, Jim, A.S.C.M.:

Would one of you agree to become deputy administrator of this forum?

At the very least, I am looking for someone to moderate this forum between March 23 and April 30, as I will be on vacation between those dates and won't be able to enforce order on this forum as frequently as I would like. The job requires spending a couple minutes a day to remove undesirable messages.

Otherwise, this forum could probably use a second permanent moderator (preferably one located in another time zone) so that any attempts at trolling can be nipped in the bud. I am not always able to intervene as quickly as I would like, which sometimes results in unnecessary escalation of flamewars and the like.

I would really appreciate it if any of you were willing.

Tom
mjd   Tuesday, March 02, 2004, 21:11 GMT
Sure, I'd do it. If Jim and A.C.S.M. wanted to do it along with me, that'd be great.
Jim   Wednesday, March 03, 2004, 06:29 GMT
Yes, I'd be willing too.
Hythloday   Wednesday, March 03, 2004, 09:28 GMT
I would be willing to help out. I'm in the British time zone.
Simon   Wednesday, March 03, 2004, 09:35 GMT
I hear dotman is also available.
mjd   Wednesday, March 03, 2004, 13:57 GMT
haha
psychocat   Wednesday, March 03, 2004, 17:51 GMT
I think that a moderator would be a great idea. This forum is really interesting for people learning english (ok, I'm pretty scared of your 'make no mistake' doctrine so I haven't posted any message yet!)
Don't let some stupid people spoil your work!
Simon   Thursday, March 04, 2004, 11:53 GMT
All threads become bad in the end. Even this one.
A.S.C.M.   Friday, March 05, 2004, 01:55 GMT
I haven't got the time. Plus, I wouldn't make a good deputy administrator. Still, I do think that we need deputy administrators or moderators and both Jim and mjd are perfect candidates.

Anyway, thank you for esteeming me.
Paul   Friday, March 05, 2004, 17:27 GMT
I welcome the honor would be better
Juan   Saturday, March 06, 2004, 01:08 GMT
mjd,

<<i would also like to date any gay french posters here>>

You've got a great sense of humour. I like that :-)
Hythloday   Sunday, March 07, 2004, 10:27 GMT
My offer still stands. I am a Professor of English at one of Britain's most exclusive universities. Who better to act as moderator? If some of you have problems with me doing this job, then why not just give me a chance to prove myself?
Jarec   Sunday, March 07, 2004, 13:15 GMT
It would be good to have at least one moderator from each time zone.

What university are you teaching at Hythloday?
!!!!!   Sunday, March 07, 2004, 15:28 GMT
It is not for nothing that Tom has offered this post to Jim, mjd, A.C.S.M, and nobody else. He knows who is reliable and who is not.
Hythloday   Sunday, March 07, 2004, 17:31 GMT
!!!!!,

What exactly are you insinuating? The large number of students I teach each year certainly appear to find me reliable. If you are referring to posts made by other people in my name, then that is unfair.

Jarec,

I'd prefer not to broadcast my whereabouts to all and sundry, if you don't mind.