masturbation

Damian   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 21:37 GMT
Primary activity. In the 19th century a disease; in the 21st a cure.

Xatufan: If you call me English I will tickle you with thistle! :-)
Xatufan   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 22:45 GMT
I don't see it as a cure. Well, not exactly. Maybe it can be pleasant and can relax. (I'm a boy aged 13!) But Catholic Church, as well and many other churches, see it like a sin.

Damian:You're very, very, VERY Scottish. Does Scotland want to be a free country?
General_Ricardo   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 23:03 GMT
I'm a Muslim, and my religion sees it's a sin too.
Damian   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 23:04 GMT
I do not involve myself with religion.......consider how many people have suffered and still do because of religion. I live happily enough with my fellow human beings and my faith is a private affair although I was brought up a Catholic.

If masturbation is a sin in the eyes of the church the world is HEAVING with sinners. Let's be realistic here.

YES: I am very Scottish. NO: I do not want "independence" from the rest of the UK! And neither do the majority of Scots....just enough independence to sort out our own Scottish local affairs that do not apply to the rest of the UK. So we have a Scottish Parliament but we are governed nationally from London like the rest of the UK. Scotland IS a free country...as free as you can possibly get on this planet. It is part of the UK and always will be. If I slag off the English it is all in fun....(well, usually!) :-)
Xatufan   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 23:11 GMT
This UK thing is like the Trinity: three persons in one God. Well, that isn't the topic here, so let's keep talking, cuz it's very exciting.
Bill   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 23:16 GMT
"But Catholic Church, as well and many other churches, see it like a sin. "

For chrissakes, don't let religion dictate your life. Use your head (ahem) and think for yourself rather than blindly following archaic dogmas.
Xatufan   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 23:50 GMT
Bill: I respect your belief. Please respect mine.
Might Mick   Friday, June 18, 2004, 06:42 GMT
This is becoming more R rated than the original message. :D
nic   Friday, June 18, 2004, 08:10 GMT
Hi guys,

I am from catholic origins but I do not especially practice and do not believe in. On the other way, it's important to respect those who have a religion.
nic   Friday, June 18, 2004, 08:16 GMT
i especially liked this one : "Hanging out with Mrs Palmer and her 5 daughters. " very good!

In french we have : "la veuve poignée", i think it's very expressive in its french meaning".
I nthe south there is a special 1 "se taper une sègue",
General_Ricardo   Friday, June 18, 2004, 08:20 GMT
nic,
how come you don't believe in God? According to beliefs, I'm created to worship Allah according the teachings of the Quran and what prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) said or did. Then in the Hearafter, there's either Paradise or Hell fire depending on what kind of deeds I did in this life, bad or good deeds. But the notion that we're created for nothing doesn't make any sense to me.
nic   Friday, June 18, 2004, 09:41 GMT
general Ricardo,

I understand what you mean and i never said i did not believe in God. Maybe i expressed myself baddly. What i wanted to mean was i don't believe in catholicism. I don't think you will go to hell because you made bad things or you will go on paradise because you have made bad things. All depends on your moral, the conception you have about the relations you must have with the other people.

Have we been created for something, if you are interested on and about religion read the philosopher called KANT, that's his question.
Xatufan   Friday, June 18, 2004, 14:21 GMT
Mahoma's religion and Jesus's religion are very similar. By the way, onanism is NOT a synomym for masturbation. In Genesis 38, 9, we are told that Onan's brother died and Onan married his brother's widow. But Onan didn't want to impregn that woman, because if she had children with Onan, those children would be sons of Onan's brother, and not Onan. So whenever Onan had sex with that woman, he spilt his "seed" on the ground. God didn't like this, so Onan was killed. (I didn't invent this, read the Bible).

For centuries, it was believed that what Onan did was masturbation. So onanism and masturbation were the same. But now it is know that what Onan did is called now "Coitus Interruptus". So onanism isn't used nowadays as masturbation.
Might Mick   Friday, June 18, 2004, 14:24 GMT
It's OK... I've got a handle on the situation.
Damian   Friday, June 18, 2004, 18:34 GMT
Mick...you mean you have everything in hand? :-)