What is the official language of the European Union?

nic   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:00 GMT
Mi5,

good!

Awel,

here's the name : slavatinelticermanic = slave latin celtic germanic

If you propose something better, it will be welcome.

Me need someone slavic like polish, slovak, slovenian... because our language will be unfair.

Hebo! for hi!
Hooha, hebo - hey, hi, etc
Bwoun Deyos - Good day.
Taudi - today
Taunwi - tonight
Ato revwisto - See you later.
How are you? - Comestu?
Qwat? - What?
Qwesit? - What is it?
What time is it? - Qwel temp qwesit?
mion amate - my friend, mate.
get lost/stuffed - vat f'lostre

+

da = yes
niot = no
mangear = to eat
lake = to wake up

We will have to compile it by alphabetical order and........send it to european commission.

If they don't accept we will impose it!
Axel   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:07 GMT
Awel would be my name in Slavatinelticermanic? :-)
Jordi   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:15 GMT
I suggest we call is "antimooneesh" or even "europeeish" in honour of the place where this language was created and adapting it to widespread European pronunciation, where "i" vowels are slightly longer. We must also find a common spelling and, as you know, we have to decide on morphology and, specially, syntax, which is the real backbone of a language. We'll create a Europeeish Academie von Lingo. First hard trial: should we put adjectives before nouns or nouns before adjectives? Should we say the verd hus or the hus verd?
nic   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:24 GMT
Well Jordi, tu as soulevé la question, it's you to decide, so before nouns or adjectives. What about the verbs, how to conjugate it?

could it be : example "to have" present

Y'ha
t'has
ello ha
ella ha
nos hamos
wos havis
ellos, ellas havent
nic   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:26 GMT
When we will have enough words and verbs, it will be time to use our "antimooneesh" or even "europeeish" language.
Axel   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:30 GMT
As in most European languages (English, French, Spanish...) we put the adjectives before the nouns, I suggest we put the nouns before adjectives in the Antimoonishslavatinelticermanic! Well I am not that sure...
In fact it depends on what we are searching for: do we want to create a simple language or a complex language? A simple language would be easy to learn of course, and that would be a good point if we want to make it widely spoken through Europe.
nic   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:40 GMT
Sorry about your name Axel, there's no reason to change our names, don't you think. I think it should be simple, but is it possible if it must reflect so many different countries like Spain, Poland, Germany, France, U Kingdom....

I think Jordi's option is the best, how could we pronouce Antimoonishslavatinelticermanic, it's impossible.
Mi5 Mick   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 09:52 GMT
LOL this is hilarious!
Since it's an exclusively European language, how about the name "Euresh"?
or
Eurien, Eurola, Eurolic
Jordi   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 10:02 GMT
First verb to conjugate.

Europissar (To Europise o make become European). I suggest we adopt a simplified English system, which is so simple but Latin based pronouns.

Ieu Europís (Iu for those who find it hard to say three vowels in a row)
Tu Europís
Il Europís (we shall not have masculine and feminine for "he" and "she")
Nos Europís
Vos Europís
Ils Europís

In future:
Ieu vil europis
Tu vil europis

and so forth...

In past:

Ieu europissé
Tu europissé
Il europissé
Nos europissé

And so on, and so on....

The accent will fall in the last vowel: Ieu europís
Europa   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 10:43 GMT
Everyone in the Middle East and much of Africa speak Arabic ... so we may as well all just speak English in Europe.
nic   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 11:24 GMT
Jordi,

It's the 2nd one because the 1st 1 of ""antimooneesh" or even "europeeish"

Havere (to have)

Y'ha
t'has
ello ha
ella ha
nos havos
wos havis
ellos, ellas havent

for a negation we can choose y'no ha, so with ieu no europis. What does mean the verb you created?

Why should we not have the feminine and masculine, how will we know if we are talking about a man or woman?

Europa,

If you use a name like Europa, you should know european countries do not only speak english but german, spanish, french, polish..............

To build a common culture, why not having a common language which reflects all the european cultures and which stays opend to any other eventual new comers?
Axel   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 11:57 GMT
To Europa,
that is not good idea because we do not want any European language to prevail on the other in order to respect a kind of "equality" between every countries of our continent. Of course it is very utopic, but it doesn't matter, we are just here to share some ideas and to have fun.
Jordi   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 11:58 GMT
Nic:
We will never know if we're speaking about a man or a woman and that will make us all equal in rights and duties. It already happens quite often in English where you can write poems without knowing who did it and who for. I know it's difficult for us, the heirs of Rome, but we must evolve.
We'll have a one gender better world and we'll only know if one is a man or a woman on request and choice. "Europissare" in our new language means to Europise (like franciser or anglicise). Since we're all going to be Europeans and speak Europeeish we need people to believe the project and we can't live without this verb.
You're right Nick you did the first verb and I did the second and both are very important indeed. "To have" should be "avere" since I suggest we make the spelling as simple as possible and most Europeans drop their "h" in speech. Anyway we should leave all this to a team of expert linguists from Slavic, Latin, Germanic, Celtic, Fino-Hungarian, Euskera (basque), Greek and even Semitic (Maltese is mostly Arabic) languages since all these family groups, and perhaps some other, make up the rich diversity of Europe. Once all Europeans speak this one language we can then all decide, which will be the best accent. I imagine the British, French and German will decide that theirs is the best and the Spanish and Italians will say that it is unfair. You know the old saying: plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
Europa   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 12:00 GMT
What's the difference between Esperanto and "Europeeish"?

Esperanto is dead and "Europeeish" is English.
nic   Thursday, June 24, 2004, 12:43 GMT
Good idea about feminine and masculine, i must admit i didn’t think about that fact under « cet angle ». I think it’s sad on the other hand to loose feminine and maculine for words like soleil, sol, lune… but it still being a good idea, let’s do it.
We will impose a condition until the all stuff will be done, british, French and germans won’t have the possibility to impose their own accent. In fact we can ask to minorities what accent we can use, Slovenians, czeh, basques (basques will appreciate it). When they will give us the pronunciation foundations, maybe the biggest countries will propose their own point of view.
For example, why not having a latin commission with 1 actor by country, even there are more French than portugueses for example. An anglo-saxon commission English, germans, Scandinavians ; a Slavic commission and a celtic one.
As you said we musn’t forget by example semitic cultures. Not so easy to be democratic.

Rectification

Ieu ha I think it’s better to say I’ha (simpler)
T’has
Il hat
nos hamos
Vos havis
Ils havent

To be :

Bestare

I’besta
Tu bestas
Il bestat
Nos bestatos
Vos bestatis