Vixens and Bitches

Xatufan   Saturday, January 08, 2005, 02:17 GMT
Not only in the US or UK!!! Here in Ecuador is pretty normal to insult somebody using 'mother***** bitch' and 'son of a b*****', IN ENGLISH!!! And this is the very only English word most people know! However I've never heard 'whore' or 'slut' before, maybe they're not shown in movies!

I wanted to know the magnitude of the word vixen because I read somewhere that in the video "Toxic", Britney Spears is shown like a vixen. (Sorry Britney :/ ) My dictionary said that vixen means 'female dog' but it looked like an offense.
Ed   Saturday, January 08, 2005, 02:35 GMT
Vixen is a female fox, not a female dog. And yeah, she's portrayed like a vixen in the video, although in real life she's a good example of trailer trash gone wild.
Someone   Saturday, January 08, 2005, 02:42 GMT
Vixen doesn't sound offensive to me at all. "Bitch", "fucking bitch", "motherfucking bitch", "fucker", "motherfucker", and "fuck" (as a noun, like "You stupid fuck!") all sound very offensive, IMO. "Slut" and "whore" don't sound very offensive to me. Maybe that's because I'm not a woman.
Smith   Saturday, January 08, 2005, 03:41 GMT
A bitch is a female dog and a vixen is a female fox.
Xatufan   Monday, January 10, 2005, 02:55 GMT
Yes, I know. I was confused.

I remember that in Body Challenge 2 (a program about fat people who wanted to reduce their cholesterol and weight), there was a female contestant who practiced wrestling under the pseudonym "Vixen".
vixen   Monday, January 10, 2005, 11:19 GMT
you're all bitches. cheap little bitch sluts!