spanish and italian

Tiffany   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:10 GMT
Anche a te Miquel! Dov'è sei in realtà? Quale zona? Non so una zona che si chiama "maiorco" o qualcosa simile.
Jordi   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:20 GMT
Tiffany:
Miquel means Mallorca in the Balearic Islands on the Mediterranean sea, half way from Catalonia to Italy; the islands before Sardinia. It is also known in English as Majorca. Majorca is a major tourist resort in Europe now.
People in the Balearic islands speak Catalan but they are close to Italy.
Tiffany   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:37 GMT
Ah! I see now. Thanks Jordi :) Miquel was speaking Italian though, right? Not Catalan, right?
Jordi   Monday, January 24, 2005, 19:18 GMT
Miquel seems to be able to write and speak beautiful Italian. I think that is what he meant when he said he was Catalans but felt close to the Italian. Catalonia was a medieval Mediterranean power and, at one time, Naples, Sardinia and Sicily were Catalan and those dialects have kep Catalan loan words. The Borgia popes spoke Catalan because they were from Valencia, the most important Catalan-speaking city in the 15th century. All the Borgia correspondence and documents are written in Catalan. So we do have historic ties with the Italian boot and we very much enjoy being in Italy. I've learnt Italian myself and I've been in Northern Italy several times.
Pedrro   Monday, January 24, 2005, 19:30 GMT
"Medieval Mediterranean power". No dudo que seas un gran lingüista pero en historia estás fatal, ¿ Pero qué te has fumado?, deja de hacerle caso a tu queridisimo Rovireche que asi os va.
Xatufane   Monday, January 24, 2005, 19:37 GMT
Pedro e Lamer: Siete una testa di c*zzo!

No creo que el catalán sea la versión homosexual del castellano, pero de cualquier manera no quiero entrar en esta pelea que no tiene nada que ver conmigo.

Dammi tre parole...
Easterner   Monday, January 24, 2005, 19:39 GMT
Guido,

Non so se pensiamo a stessa canzone. Io pensavo a questa:

http://www.paroles.net/chansons/19732.htm

Ci possono essere molte variazioni.
Miquel   Monday, January 24, 2005, 19:40 GMT

Ciao nuovamente, Tiffany,

Non so se connosci la Spagna, ma qui ai un bello esempio di quello che é la cultura, l'educazione e il rispetto per gli altri. Pedrro te lo sporge. Un grande poeta spagnolo, Machado, scrisse: "Castilla miserable, ayer dominadora, envuelta en sus harapos desprecia cuanto ignora". La Cstiglia é l'essenza della Spagna.

Spero que capisca bene questi versi, che definiscono perfettamente quello che é la Spagna.
Sarthois.   Monday, January 24, 2005, 19:45 GMT

Eastener, bonsoir,

La chanson française "Parole, Parole" est, justement, une traduction de "Parole, Parole" italienne.
Jordi   Monday, January 24, 2005, 19:58 GMT
Dear Pedro:
You can't possibly be as ignorant as you pretend to be regarding the history of the Medieval Kingdom of Aragon, the official language of which was obviously Catalan and how Catalan was the official language of Sardinia and how it is still spoken in Alghero.

There is actually a law passed by the Italian government protecting the Catalan minority in Italy. There is no Spanish speaking minority in Italy because Castille was never a medieval Mediterranean power. I'm sorry you are not taught the history of such an important part of the country you deem as yours.

I'm sure many of our Italian friends in the list know their Italian history better than you do. You poor, poor, thing. You don't have to convince me of anything since we seem to have little in common, unfortunately. YOu are just a Castilian Spanish national brat and I'm glad there aren't many of you (at least, I hope so).

You know I learnt Spanish much latter than I learnt English. Since my parents had to get away from your beloved Franco regime, we only spoke Catalan at home. I can now speak Spanish, a beautiful language indeed when spoken by educated people; which is not your case.

And I would appreciate you didn't assume who I vote for. What do you know?

By the way, carry on dear Pedro, but please learn languages and history. I did both things in important Spanish universities.
Jordi   Monday, January 24, 2005, 20:13 GMT
I took the trouble of finding an English text in the Internet for our ignorant Spanish Pedro, regarding the history of a part of the country he considers his:

"Barcelona championed the expansionist policies of the Crown of Aragon towards the lands of Valencia and Balearic Islands and became the naval base for a strong trading centre. The joint power of Catalonia-Aragon extended to Sicily, Sardinia, Malta, Naples, Albania, Corsica, Athens and part of Greece, and is characterized by pioneering the establishment of social norms, maritime regulations and other customs that other parts of Europe were later to copy. Catalonia was proclaimed self-governing in the 15th century, with the establishment of headquarters in the Palace of the Generalitat (Palau de la Generalitat)."

Castille, of course, discovered America and forbade the Catalans trading with South America since they considered us "foreigners" although we had the same kings (we were, of course, different kingdoms). Catalan was the only official language until 1714, when Castilians obliged us through warfare to adopt their language and customs. We never did and they still can't understand it.

A sad story, specially when one realises how such an important part of our history is not taught in the rest of the Spanish State.
Tiffany   Monday, January 24, 2005, 20:22 GMT
Si, ho capito bene. Parlo spagnolo prima d'italiano. Le sue parole sono bellisimme, ma sono molto tristi, no? Che peccato.

Non rispondere a Pedro e Lamer. È ovvia che vogliono solo attenzione.
Miquel.   Monday, January 24, 2005, 20:25 GMT

Tiffany, da Maiorca, com un freddo da cane, buonasera.

Per noi, un freddo da cane vuol dire 7ºC.

Dove sei, Tiffany?
Pedrro   Monday, January 24, 2005, 20:47 GMT
"Catalonia was a medieval Mediterranean power". Esta frase fue la que me empujó a contestarte en los términos que lo hice pero veo que despues has enmendado tu error y has escrito en el siguiente post "Medieval kingdom of Aragon". En esto ya estamos los dos de acuerdo porque como tu bien sabes en la época de la que estamos hablando solo existían el Reino de Castilla y el Reino de Aragon y no el Reino de Cataluña ni tampoco los Paises Catalanes como tu buen amigo Rovireche nos quiere hacer tragar. Tomaré lo de "Catalonia was a medieval Mediterranean power" como un lapsus lingue de un excelente lingüista.
Por otro lado, querido Jordi, no te considero compatriota mío, ni a cataluña la considero parte de España,por lo que enseñar su cultura carecería de todo sentido, tan solo la considero, y como yo muchisima gente mas, como un grano en donde acaba la espalda y no se puede extraer. España seria mas España sin el Pais Vasco y cataluña.
Pedrro   Monday, January 24, 2005, 20:49 GMT
Con lo anteriormente expresado quiero acabar este debate poco fructifero ya que ninguno de los dos va a cambiar sus ideas.