Proto Germanic / Germanic Languages Similarities

!   Friday, March 25, 2005, 17:58 GMT
I had little difficulty reading Beowulf with my knowledge of old dutch !
Sander   Friday, March 25, 2005, 18:35 GMT
Me neither,I found the storie amusing,typicall that that scandanevian warrior died at the end,typicall because most more or less sagas (thats what beowulf is) like stories from that time period (1100 AD)

Its very like old dutch but,dutch is (one of ) the ancestor(s) of (old)english ,old dutch was taken to Britain,old dutch is older.
Jo   Saturday, March 26, 2005, 16:30 GMT
Beowulf isn't about a scandanavian warrior.See! You don't study germanic languages!
Sander   Saturday, March 26, 2005, 18:24 GMT
Jo,

You clearly haven't read beowulf and know nothing about Germanic languages...idiot.
Jo the first   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 12:07 GMT
There is a new Jo on the block. One who indeed knows nothing about Beowulf or probably just wants to irritate ( easily irritatable) Sander.
Sander   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 12:17 GMT
Strangely I believe "Jo the first"...

Although he is a belgian I know he's smart enough not to say those* things about beowulf.

*=>Beowulf isn't about a scandanavian warrior.<=

But then again...you might have said it,looked it up and regretted it,and wrote this**.

**=>There is a new Jo on the block.<=

Since you can't prove your innocence,but I can prove your guilt...Ill have to trust you on your (belgian) word.
Jo 1   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 13:28 GMT
«he's smart enough not to say those* things »
Thanks for giving me some credit.

«you can't prove your innocence»
Let's see:
mjd: se quisesse, você conseguiria saber quando alguem assumir o apelido de outro?
Sander   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 13:32 GMT
=>se quisesse, você conseguiria saber quando alguem assumir o apelido de outro? <=

I don't think he can see that...its annonmous here.
Sander   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 13:33 GMT
annonymous
!   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:04 GMT
Sander ,

Mark my words , not all Belgians are like that ...
!   Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:08 GMT
Sander,

<Although he is a belgian I know he's smart enough not to say those* things about beowulf. >

( Hoor ik daar wat veralgemening ? Tsss , when will you ever learn ... lol )
ats   Monday, March 28, 2005, 01:55 GMT
bwè u' we in 't vlams schrieven zoen d'iengelsche dadook wè verstaon
Sander   Monday, March 28, 2005, 14:36 GMT
ats,

=> bwè u' we in 't vlams schrieven zoen d'iengelsche dadook wè verstaon <=

This is a LANGUAGE forum,I think that the WF dialect has got/is getting enough attention on many other forum-topics.

!,

Volgens mij kan jij er zelf ook wat van; (LOL)

=>Look , we don't favor the Dutch and they don't actually like us too <=

(Van een ander onderwerp)
!   Monday, March 28, 2005, 16:28 GMT
Ats,

Vawoa komje ? alli , k'oorn dajook ne westvlaminck ziet ...
adrian   Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 00:07 GMT
Dunno whether I'm in the right forum, I'm into PIE for the moment,

Let me toss up a few obfuscatory points If I may

1: PIE, so far is a putative, language under re-construction, that is we know very litle of it.
2: As Shakepeare has it "the poet gives to aerie nothing a local habitation and a name' MND. Otherwwise Take Kepler's solar system model, same thing. Any given word on its own proves nothing, it needs massive, preferably computer abstracted stuff. Like fi in Maori door is Tatau, kuaha, kuwaha, which means three meanings, no findable Sancrit equivalent yet it has some Sancrit words, including some pre-sanscrit for birds, found in India but not in New Zealand, etc. Maori is stone age old. Further before about that magical data 4000 BC to 6000 BC lie what is called the mists of antiquity where dates are near impossible to come by unless done scientifically and words don't do that very well. What was used are Solar system events and conjunctions, highly disguised for us because pickled in myths.
3: US moderns have an affilction with dates and location, like fi Atlantis has to have one only location like explanations are always of the one only kind, yet there's evidence is of Atlantis having satrap states and trading connections, just like any civilised history has continuing changes of dominant societies.
4 The oldest painted pebble at Makapansgat, S Africa, is dated at 3,000,000 years old, and possibly was one of an oracular set.
5: A first order of business would be to make up a historical line like fi
a: Totemism, with animal ancestors, from Ojibwa Ototemai: He is brethren too, b: Dragon lore, for which go Japan, China and India, c: Goddess, d: Male gods, all aggressive where Matriarchy appears to be not, maybe
6: before all that there were loose bands because at the end of the last Ice age, when the seabed close to the continent were drowned, etc, a lot got drowned and lost.
7: Glozel tablets, writing, use google, have recently been dated at 12,000 BCE, france and the Glozel cave shows people clothes with hat, handbag the works. The banana started life as a measly African fruit and was found practically all over the world where they could grow, and its origins cannot be established The Gundestrup cauldron, Denmark dated 150 AD had six silversmiths work on it one from India, which leads to the surmise that communication was a lot better than ever imagined for those primitive, savage Barbarians as the Victorians thought of them. The banana can only have been taken across the pond by boat and it is so tender that without fresh water it soon dies, again intimating travel was much earlier. Our pig, is DNA attested cross between european and Chinese. Now either that took a trip from China to Europe or the other way arouhnd, or was organised by a trader somewhere in between, also not known datable, as pigs, called Bar, together with Barley are all over the place including Borneo which was once a thriving community. I don't know whether you've ever herded pigs, that's why they are called pigs. They have minds of their own so don't cross them. Pigpens have thick concrete walls, not so for horses and cows. I was once bowled five feet across by one gentle nudge from a pig, who just stood there watching it. Ham for Xmas is a very old festival, which kind of thing tends to survive in remote places and was practically destroyed by the Cathology Church who did not like to compete with OG, or Aig, or Oak, the European and irish All Father. They also built over every ancient Temple they could find, just as did Buddhism in Asia and the Catholics in Sth America. For a last example Umbaba or Huwawa Is mentioned in the epic of Gilgamesh so how come I found a rock carving in a Normandy dolmen of a complete human figure with intestinal markings, which also contradicts the notion that dolmen were only graves. It's safer to bury Gran under the floor so the sabre toothed tiger cannot get at her.

I'd rather put this up front because if nobody is interested I'll just mooch off and I'd rather know up front, saves a lot of time and mutual agony. My actual catechism is a lot longer.

adrian