Favourite English Name

Barbara   Saturday, April 23, 2005, 19:49 GMT
<<Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel. So where did all the other people in the world come from considering that males cannot give birth?!>>

Oh for shame! Don't you read the bible? ;-) Cain and Abel may have been the most notorious of Adam and Eve's children, but according to the book of Genesis, Adam was 130 years old when he fathered Seth and lived 800 more years after that, fathering many sons and daughters in accordance with God's command to be fruitful and multiply. Within that lifespan, Adam and Eve had numerous children, and their children begat many more children, and so on and so on. Seth was 105 yrs old when he fathered Enosh. Given these ridiculously long lifespans and their reproductive vitality, Cain and Seth could've shacked up with their sisters, their cousins, their nieces, or even their grand-nieces.

<<BARBARA: Aye, I know I'm silly. Now another silly question: Why are you shy when typing out the name of the Almighty?>>

Damian, the Jewish faith prohibits erasing or defacing the name of God in written form. Many English-speaking Jews avoid the possibility of violating this law by simply writing the Almighty's name as G-d. Since I was cheekily talking about God speaking Hebrew, I was merely following this convention.

<<How can eve be a "HE"? >>

Sander, you misunderstood my joke.
nico   Saturday, April 23, 2005, 20:01 GMT
i like "Clifford", is it old fashion?
Sander   Saturday, April 23, 2005, 20:09 GMT
Still the amazing reproductive story is nonsens...an 800 year old male .. Ill tell you thats a lot of down syndrome...considering that the chances of having one at age 50 (for a woman,a male takes much longer) is 1-25