Universities around the World

K. T.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:44 am GMT
I don't think that Rammstein is the origin of that quote. I've heard it in English. Good for you, you know the name of a German music group.
Kleine Göttin   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:44 am GMT
<<JLK, it's "little goddess", not "little god". Check out the endings.>>

God, apparently K.T. is not learning... firstly, s/he pretends to be omnipotent as only you can be. Secondly, s/he is daring to patronize you after s/he himself made the same mistake...

God have mercy on his/her soul -- s/he knows not the errors of his/her arrogant, überlofty, highly annoying ways...
Kleines Engelchen   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:50 am GMT
<<K.T., I am very disappointed in thee. How darest thou equate me in all my divine might with JLK, another earthly man like thyself.>>

God, can you confirm for us that Katie is a man?

<<And, yes, sorry for all my errors in the magnificent German language. Unfortunately, I don't actually speak all the languages in the world. I have an army of faithful translator-angels who help me in this great task.>>

Just call me Engelchen...

P.S. Thank You on High for creating the magnificent, eternal German language...

P.P.S. Please tell K.T. that he/she needs to know that it is "thank you" and not the ubiquitous "thank-you" that he/she likes to so erroneously type.
God   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:51 am GMT
I shall certainly forgive K.T. eventually. Only, however, after he hast purged his soul of his past sins in our eternal sanctuary of rectification - purgatory. I hope, however, he shalt receive parole as quick as possible, for he hast served me well in the past. All themore reason for my huge disappointment at his lowly behaviour in the recent times.
God   Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:53 am GMT
Yes, let it be known throughout the kingdom of heaven that K.T. is a man. A man of good heart , let it stand clear, but a man of earthy nature none the less, a man who must, like everyone prior to entry into this eternal domain, rectify past sins.
Kleine Göttin   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:01 am GMT
<<A man of good heart , let it stand clear, but a man of earthy nature none the less, a man who must, like everyone prior to entry into this eternal domain, rectify past sins.>>

Vielen Dank, God. He did seem so nice at first -- what happened? God only knows...
JLK   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:07 am GMT
<<JLK, it's "little goddess", not "little god". Check out the endings.>>

You disappoint me K.T. I had hoped by know you would recognize the distinct character of my writing. While this 'God' character is quite amusing, I am as he said, "merely an earthly man".
Colette d'Allemagne   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:11 am GMT
<<Vielen Dank, God. He did seem so nice at first -- what happened? God only knows...>>

He became enamored with Hispanic trolls... C'est triste, ça...
K. T.   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:14 am GMT
Very well, JLK. I apologize. How is it that you showed up so quickly, though?

By the way, what happened to that website I thought you and Collette were doing. Someone wrote here that it failed. Aren't there enough people interested in languages around the world to keep many such sites going. Although I completely disagree with both of you on Spanish and hate racism, I don't wish you ill if you simply want to discuss languages.
Herr Wunderbar   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:15 am GMT
<<He became enamored with Hispanic trolls... C'est triste, ça...>>

Ja, I habe seen him praising German and French in previous threads, but no more... was ist?
Colette d'Allemagne   Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:21 am GMT
<<<<A man of good heart , let it stand clear...>>>>

Well, I could have sworn that I read a post of KT's that implied he thought it was good to vote against pro-abortion candidates. If that is indeed the case, KT can't be all that bad and all sins can be forgiven...
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:47 am GMT
<<Louisiana State University: Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Latin, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swahili. Maybe others, I'm not in the Linguistics department here.>>

I find it a bit hard to believe that they don't teach French at LSU, of all places, considering Louisiana's French heritage.

By the way, what was that language learning system of that professor that teaches 25 languages? I'd love to learn more about it.
JLK   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:17 am GMT
<<Very well, JLK. I apologize. How is it that you showed up so quickly, though?>>

Suspicious aren't we? My name being falsely attached to a post did lead me to expedient action. However, you must tell me what you mean by 'quickly'. I am after all being compared with an omnipresent being...

<<By the way, what happened to that website I thought you and Collette were doing. Someone wrote here that it failed. Aren't there enough people interested in languages around the world to keep many such sites going. Although I completely disagree with both of you on Spanish and hate racism, I don't wish you ill if you simply want to discuss languages.>>

As far as I know, it's been dormant of late due to Colette's and my lack of time. However, there are plenty of quality threads at LangWelt and I would be glad to resurrect it in the not so distant future if Colette so desires.
Colette von dem Vaterland   Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:43 pm GMT
<<As far as I know, it's been dormant of late due to Colette's and my lack of time. However, there are plenty of quality threads at LangWelt and I would be glad to resurrect it in the not so distant future if Colette so desires.>>

Hi JLK,

Yes, that would be fun. You can be a co-moderator -- in case I didn't mention that before. I'll e-mail you about it soon.

Maybe God Himself will stop by and bless our humble forum of ideas. :)

Colette
Skippy   Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:34 pm GMT
You're right. They teach French at LSU, I just overlooked it when I was typing.

And "der Herrgott gibt, der Herrgott nimmt" it's taken from the Bible... We say this in English "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away," but the original text (KJV) is "the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away" from Job 1:21