"Love" - the ending of the letter

Laura Braun   Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:55 pm GMT
No, ashley it doesn't sucks, it depends on year which is written. So instead of reading in a garbage why don't you start a new thread which you can express yourself. That's fair enough.
Brazilians very free people.
Laura Braun   Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:58 pm GMT
Brazilians ARE very free people. Free from complexes and prejudises. They are much more free than americans. I got to know some brazilians and after a fwe minutes they are friends. They can tell everything about themselves. They can speak. Spirit is everywhere in Brazil. I haven't seen much more free people than them.
Laura Braun   Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:26 pm GMT
In arabic world it's normal for a man to kiss a man on the streets, but it's not normal for a man to kiss a woman on the streets. Because of sexual taboo.
darwin   Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:44 am GMT
problem for have true so know just stupid very girl blame me remember know get depressed veiw new girlfriends only never come please plea outless with need me waits
K. T.   Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:23 pm GMT
In our family we joke about using "love" at the end of a letter. Too many people use it inappropriately. For example we'll say something like this:

Please pay your bill on time.

Love,

The Water Company
Ava   Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:48 am GMT
The fact is most people don't know the denotation of what the word "love" means. And most of the time it is convey in the most conovating ways. So really one never knows how it is used, except the many guesses from knowing someone and understand its use by that person. Your best guess is better than mine or any of us strangers because you know the person better. Why can't you just... ask him?

"It's so sweet that you ended the letter with "love" but may I ask what your definition of love is?"
Before you know it, somehow it turned into a conversation about the meaning of love. That way you'll have a better prespective of how he uses it or what he possibly meant by it. I don't mean to ask him "Do you love me?" It doesn't have to be that dirrect.... But I have to wonder... why not? What stopped you? Why can't you say how you feel and ask that of him? Is your fear bigger than your feelings?
Marlon dolcy   Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:01 pm GMT
I really love my girl,but just recently we had a little rough period but now i am really trying to make things better between us because i want to spend the rest of my life with her,tell me what to do.
michele   Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:53 pm GMT
One of my favorite TV actresses, Anneliese van der Pol sent me an autographed picture of her. She wrote it to me and at the bottom she wrote," Love Anneliese." What does that mean?
L.C.   Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:30 pm GMT
ahh...It means she loves you.

My lil chihuahua sent me a cute lil birthday card last week. It said "Happy Birthday Love Twinkle xoxo". I love her to -even though she eats too much. Yesterday I took her for a walk in the park and like my arms ached soo much?. Anyhoo I'm gonna put her on a diet.
flore   Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:07 pm GMT
I met a very nice man this summer on holidays, he's 50 years old and quite shy, he has a perfect classic education.

We met 5 days before he was leaving, and then we spend every single days together.
He was always first to invate me everywhere.
While we were together, we become closer and closer but none of us did dare to make the first step.

We both married, so things are bit complicated.

When he was back in his country, I did send him an e-mail where I was clearly showing him my feelings.
He's answer was, that our relationship was only one of friendship but he did finished his letter with "love,"

So what does that mean for you?
Guest   Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:25 pm GMT
He's being nice to you, that's all.
Damian in London E14   Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:30 pm GMT
The word "love" used at the end of a letter should no way be taken too literally - in the vast majority of cases it does NOT mean a pledge of undying romantic passion - more a mere expression of affection or friendship in a strictly platonic sense.

If true romantic passion was intended then the ending would most certainly contain more than just the word "love", although it may well be included in the parting valediction.
flore   Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:22 pm GMT
Thanks for your message,

But does he know that I could understand it differently ? (I speak french) does he realise that could be confusing for me?

I mean how can you tell someone, that you don't love her and by the same
way, using the terms of love at the end of a letter?
I find a bit triky!
no?
flore   Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:26 pm GMT
Thanks for your message,

But does he know that I could understand it differently ? (I speak french) does he realise that could be confusing for me?

I mean how can you tell someone, that you don't love her and by the same
way, using the terms of love at the end of a letter?
I find a bit triky!
no?
flore   Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:06 pm GMT
In fact everything were going well until he offers me, because my way back home was a long driving to share his room with him.
WITH A BIG SMILE, he did offers me his bed!!
until there I had no doubt!
But,but!! I had to tell him, a very heavy thing (I had a story with a member of his family before...)
So he's been behaving very differently since, which I do understand.
So the next day,
the wake up in the same room was not that friendly.We say bye to each other and I left him, a bit upset.
he called me back half an hour later and was so confused, saying that he has so much admiration for my work (painting) and we set an other appointment during the day.
He had no reason to call back if we were only friends..
And after my letter, he had no reason to make me confusing but he did!
Do I have a chance to find him back?