Which language is more important, French or Spanish?

Imma Troll   Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:59 pm GMT
I wouldn't overestimate Europe.
*CarloS*   Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:32 am GMT
>>>Oh I wouldn't OVERestimate Spanish in Europe 'CARLOSEer' LOL<<<

Nobody did, idiot.
Truth   Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:25 pm GMT
Carlos why is your mother a whore? Are you sigmas brother?
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:15 pm GMT
The question posed in the title of this thread is indefensible. One Language is no more important than the other, irrespective of the fact that one may have more speakers world-wide than the other one. I think both have equal validity, both are beautiful and both will survive, whatever happens in the great big Linguistic sphere of things.
*CarloS*   Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:24 pm GMT
Truth, get a life.

Sad sad sad...
ARGENTINA FOR EVER, LATIN   Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:48 am GMT
Truth,

les latins du monde te dise merde. VIVE ARGENTINE, VIVE FRANCE ET VIVE ESPAGNE!

SIGMA ET CARLOS PENSENT BIEN CAR ILS SONT LATINS!
Vytenis   Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:29 am GMT
Damian,

I believe the question was a pragmatic one: which language is more useful to learn in todays's world. I agree with someone on this thread that it depends where you live. For example here in Lithuania Spanish is not very useful to learn unless you go to work to Spain or the southern parts of the US, like many Lithuanians do nowadays... But on the whole I think French should be more important here since it is the language of Brussels and since we joined the EU, the contacts with Brussels is ever increasing... If you are looking for a job in EU institutions French is very often amust...
Truth   Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:37 pm GMT
You are the shame of mankind, you are disrespectful nationalists without a nation, brainwashed and terribly stupid.

Carlos, go fuck your mother like every himself disrespecting man in the pile of crap you can a country.
*CarloS*   Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:23 pm GMT
Truth, chill out... You're making me laugh (again). LOL!!!

Pathetic...
Vytenis   Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:09 pm GMT
Ignore trolls plzzz
Trawicks   Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:13 pm GMT
In the US, it is much more helpful to know Spanish than French. True, here in the Northeastern part of the country we are relatively close to French-speaking Quebec, but there most people either a.) speak fluent English anyway or b.) speak with a Joual or rural Quebecer dialect of the language, radically different from the "standard" Parisian that you're taught in high school.
Guest   Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:42 pm GMT
Spanish is the third language learned worldwide. More than half of its demand comes from the US.

Spanish is the language of the Americas... And, in this continent it has no rivals, but allies like Portuguese and French.

Once Spanish takes over the US, it will take over Europe, Africa and Asia.
Xatufan   Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 am GMT
Cuando le pida un deseo a la luna llena,
seguro que ella estará llorando
al ver que te vas.

Cuando se escriba la historia de tus memorias,
habrá más penas que glorias,
rompiste mi corazón y otros más
y ahora te vas.
Paul   Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:51 am GMT
Usage of both Spanish and French is declining.
Both ar valuable in Europe.
Spanish is also valuable in New World.
French in the Old world.
Spanish is easier to learn and to pronounce.
greg   Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:52 am GMT
Paul : que voulais-tu dire ?

1 — « L'espagnol et le français sont en déclin »
2 — « Les locuteurs bilingues français-espagnol sont en diminution ».

Pour le 2, je ne sais pas. Pour le 1 c'est totalement faux, pour le français en tout cas, car cette langue n'a jamais été autant parlée dans le monde et le nombre de ses locuteurs ne cesse d'augmenter.