English test

Tanja   Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:15 pm GMT
hi, I am from austria and I am not so good in English and i wanted to ask,if somebody is so nice to correct my english homework, because I do not know if its right or wrong!! A bad mistake is already that I translate the scentense from german in english and that´s not so good, because every time the grammer is not correct! sorry for my mistakes in this article but I hope there is somebody who can help me!! thank you
yours tanja
Uriel   Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:24 pm GMT
hi, I am from austria and I am not so good in English and i wanted to ask,if somebody is so nice to correct my english homework, because I do not know if its right or wrong!! A bad mistake is already that I translate the scentense from german in english and that´s not so good, because every time the grammer is not correct! sorry for my mistakes in this article but I hope there is somebody who can help me!! thank you
yours tanja

Try this:

Hi, I am from Austria, and I'm not that good in English. I wanted to ask if anyone would be nice enough to correct my English homework, because I do not know if it's right or wrong. One bad mistake I've already made is directly translating the sentence from German to English, and that's not good because every time I do it, the grammar is incorrect!

By the way, I think you're the first Austrian I've seen here. Nice to meet you.
greg   Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:44 pm GMT
T'as oublié Frances, Uriel ?!
greg   Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:46 pm GMT
Désolé Uriel : j'ai confondu « Austrian » avec « Australian ».

:(
lida   Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:52 pm GMT
Remember
I'm good AT English not I'm good in.
good at, brilliant at, bad at something
Uriel   Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:22 am GMT
Shame on you, greg! And you a European, too! ;)

No, there's no shortage of AUSTRALIANS around here -- Frances (HOW could I forget Frances?!), Geoff, Jim (I think?), and that bigmouthed bird with the thing on his head -- oh, sorry, Felix! Didn't see you standing there!
Tanja   Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:20 pm GMT
hello, thank you for the correction. tomorrow i have got an english test and I think we will get a text about our holidays but we have to put in words like breathtaken, fabulous, amazing,.....etc. do you know what I mean? Is anyone so kind to correct my text after I write it??????
but this must be today!!!!
24   Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:41 pm GMT
hi tanja , do you have an email address? I would be more then happy to help you.
Uriel   Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:56 pm GMT
Can try, if you post it here. By the way, it's usually "breathtaking", not "breathtaken" (although they may sound similar).
Tanja   Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:49 pm GMT
thank you that you are so nice to help me but now I am too tiered to write a text but for my next homeworks it would be very helpful when you correct them!! I am so happy that there are some people who are so nice and help me!! if you need something in german what I can correct for you, ahm i don´t know, do you have german in your school?? sounds it very terribile, my english???!!!??!!
pharhaps you have a text about your holidays which i can take for my english test tomorrow?????

do you come form england or america??
Uriel   Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:10 am GMT
Your English isn't terrible at all. I can tell you're still working on it, but to be able to string together a whole paragraph that everyone can understand is no small accomplishment, so don't let a few grammatical errors discourage you -- you're doing very well!

I'm American, greg is French, and I don't know where lida or 24 are from.
stella   Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:40 am GMT
hey,
it's great you're trying to get better, most people who aren't that good at English just stop speaking it, which is actually the worst thing they can do cuz this way their English just gets EVEN worse... By the way: your English really ain't "terrible" or anything. Hope your test was okay... how old are you and how long have you been studying English now?
Tanja   Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:25 pm GMT
hello, i am 18 years old and i already go to school now. my school is named handelsakademie its a school for business an so on.in our school there you have to go for 5 years now I am in the 4th. class. this year until june and then from september 2006 till march 2007 i hope i will be finish in march 2007 and wouldn´t make a classe twice time.
today we have got our english test it was not so good we had to write a text about women and their disadvantages in their job, and a reading compreantion(i don´t know if thats right) there we got 6 questions and to one question 4 answers and that was very difficult because the answers were so difficulty discribed. I hope i will get a positive mark!

where in america do you live??
I was in france at the changing of the year from 1999 to 2000 at the disney-land in paris it was so beautiful and funny.
but i already want to go to disney- WORLD in America, it should be better then paris, or not?????
Uriel   Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:04 pm GMT
It's "reading comprehension". Comprehend = understand.
Tetsuo   Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:54 pm GMT
Lida:

Re: Your 11-21-05, 10:52 p.m. message

My dictionay says you can say either "I'm good AT English.," or "I'm good IN English."

Do you think my dictionary is incorrect?