Code X

abc   Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:32 am GMT
No you know what? that was actually me.
abc   Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:56 am GMT
Are we both me?
abc   Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:08 am GMT
I would go on with this but it's a little disrespectful to the folks that are here for serious`learning
K. T.   Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:57 am GMT
"It's like talking to an American Christian Evangelical or a Jehova's Witness. You can't get past the preprogrammed messages to any actual thought."

If your only experience with them is door-to-door witnessing, then I understand your position on JWs. I worked with a JW, though, and thought she was very good with patients/clients. I had a favourable impression of her. She did not talk about her religion much, but I know that it kept her busy several days of the week. I learned that JWs don't celebrate birthdays, but they do celebrate wedding anniversaries. Since they don't celebrate many of the usual holidays, they are willing to work so others can be with their families.

Perhaps you are a "target" for people who witness. In a way, that could be flattering, that someone is so interested in your soul. It could be surprising as a follower of Islam tried to convert someone I know in restaurant. However, the intended convert could not understand what the man was saying because he was speaking in two languages.

I don't think I would like a hard-sell from someone in a restaurant, but I believe in freedom of speech (as long as it is not over-the-top vulgar) and freedom of religion. That means that even if I disagree, I allow the person to have their say and make them listen to what I say.
K. T.   Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:59 am GMT
I'm not promoting JWs, btw.