Which Spainish accent do you find most beautiful on woman?

Alexandria   Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:18 pm GMT
Which accent is your favorite sounding on a Spainish speaking woman when she is speaking English? I find and think that accents from Spain are the most beautiful to me. They are also dramatically different from S. Americas accents. I'm not to fond of Puerto Rican accents or Ecuadorian ones. I've heard Argentian and Chilean accents are very different sounding then say northern S America, but I have never heard either.

I know each country has their own unique sound, just like the USA, Great Britian, and Australia do with English. I'm just curious which accents do you find the most beautiful, and which ones sound the ugliest to you? I always look at Penelope Cruz and her beautiful voice, that Spanish accent is to die for. So much different from her friend Selma Hayak and her Mexican accent.
Zara   Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:07 pm GMT
I agree accents that hail from Spain are beautiful, the most beautiful of all the Spanish accents to me. Peneleope Cruz is a prime example of what a beautiful accent is, along with Paz Vaga. They both have that sexy Spanish accent going on that is like no other. And they look so similar too, they are beautiful!
Guest   Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 pm GMT
What about Elsa Pataky, Ivana Baquero or Elena Anaya?
Guest   Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:07 pm GMT
Never heard of Elena Anaya and I've only see Ivana in Pan's Labyrinth. I know Elsa Pataky, think she's drop dead gorgeous, but I've never seen her in a film. I'm assuming she does mostly Spanish films?
Guest   Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:23 pm GMT
Nuyorican Spanish, à la Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez.
Guest   Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:37 pm GMT
I'm not an English native speaker, but it is hard to believe that you can tell apart Spanish people talking in English. The thing is that Latin Americans usually speak English with an American accent, whereas Spaniards try to imitate a Southern English accent, that's the main difference.

Penélope Cruz and Paz Vega are both Spaniards, but they speak Spanish in a very different way, the first with an accent from Madrid (Southern Castilian) and the latter with a thick Andalusian one. Listen to them in Spanish:

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ludhv3IB-M
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=MBS4xgGYZSk

That doesn't mean there are no differences, for example some Latin Americans have trouble doing the th sound in 'think', Castilian speakers with the h in 'how' and Andalusians with all sort of final consonants.
Guest   Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:32 am GMT
I like Galician and Catalan.
Guest   Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:36 am GMT
Paz Vega accent is more easy to understand.
Penélope's one is very muffled.
Guest   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:43 am GMT
Тhe beautiful Spanish accent of Monica Belucci.
Morticia   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:44 pm GMT
I like Galician and Catalan.

Galician Spanish accent makes people seem to be handicapped and typical Catalan peasants' accent sounds like if they had a dick in their mouths, so bad elections. Some Catalans speak nice Spanish, but I refer to those to have charlotesque accent and overpronounce L's.
Guest   Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:48 pm GMT
gringa accents are so adorable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzWBAtnx9k
Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:11 am GMT
Cuban
Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:58 am GMT
The accent of José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero is quite beautiful and sonorous.
Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:10 pm GMT
English
Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:57 pm GMT
The accent of Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero sounds dull, retarded and harsh , typical on Castilians. The most beautiful accent is Southern Spanish.