Presence of Mandarin in Hispanic business show us that...

Sino   Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:54 pm GMT
...Spanish will never be important globally as some claim.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/21/AR2006092101626.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/21/AR2006092101626_2.html

According to this articles, Mandarin Chinese is increasingly more and more important in Hispanic business and companies. Sometimes it is even considered more important.

Yes, I know Mandarin Chinese is important in business in the francophone world and other areas as well, but this further shows that the hated Spanish language is not even safe in its own countries when talking about business, despite language regulations by the government.

Some say that Spanish, like Mandarin Chinese, is a regional language. The fact that hispanic companies are adopting Mandarin Chinese "the" working language, shows the contrary.

Just more proof that Spanish will never be important or necessary than the other large (and often larger) world languages in today's world.
#   Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:55 pm GMT
...shows us that...
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:03 pm GMT
Highlights:

Universities across Latin America, from Mexico to Buenos Aires, are founding Asian studies programs and teaching Chinese. Institutions of all kinds -- Of these, all will put Mandarin and Spanish on equal footing.

The arrival of China in a largely Spanish-speaking region half a world away might seem unusual. But Beijing is in a relentless quest for oil, coal, iron ore and copper for its factories, soybean and poultry to feed its 1.3 billion people, lumber for housing, and fish meal for its livestock. President Hu Jintao's government, which two years ago pledged $100 billion in investments for several South American countries, said it also wants to bankroll road, port and railroad developments that would help bring exports more quickly to China.

Veering toward China, though, is far from easy for entrepreneurs and students from a region that has long been intertwined with the giant to the north. The United States remains the biggest investor in Latin America, its trade with the region eight times that of China's. English prevails as a second language.

Mandarin, on the other hand, is considered far harder to learn, with dialects and a tenor significantly different from the phonetic cadences of Spanish and Portuguese. Yet the Chinese language is making gains, as is the revolutionary idea of looking west across the Hispanic America for business opportunities.

- Sorry, but apparently Spanish will never be useful or important as some hispanics here say.
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:33 pm GMT
Nice try, mon ami! I don't know if you are stupid or only a Fanatic French.

I don't know about the importance of Chinese. Some people say that this language will be very important in the future. Other people say that this language is very difficult.

However, I am sure that French is the international language that will suffer the strongest fall of all the languages:

- It is the weakest UNO language. So, in a Global World, French is the language that is losing everyday students and speakers. It is perhaps the language that suffer more the strong presence of English language in the old colonies.

- French WAS official in a lot of countries, like Vietnam, Laos, Kampuchea, Mauritania, Lebanon, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, etc. ALL of them have Arabic or English as official or business language. We will see this tendency in the future: several French African countries will change French by English or Arabic.

- The less spoken of all the international languages (75 million as mother tongue). French has the size of a Regional language of China or India (Tamil or Telugu).

- The only one that is not a majority language in a big area or continent, like Arabic in Africa, Spanish in Latin America, English in North America, Chinese in Asia, Russian in Eastern Europe, etc. French is the most spoken language NOWHERE.

- According to all experts, the most important languages in 2050 will be English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, etc. But nobody add French.

- It is a language official in several countries, but it is really the majority language ONLY in 1 of them: France. So, French will remain as an important regional language of Europe (like Italian).

- In short, NOBODY say that French will remain among the top languages in 2050 (and we are in 2008).
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:02 pm GMT
<< I don't know about the importance of Chinese. Some people say that this language will be very important in the future. Other people say that this language is very difficult. >>

You said it several times that it will be very important according to David Graddol anf the evidence is "Across Hispanic America, Mandarin is in the Air". Aren't you happy that you are one of those that are require to learn Mandarin? You have to be happy after all you mentioned its importance and it's happening in hispanic america.

I'm looking forward to that fay that you 'll be posting messages here about the Mandarin Chinese after discarding Spanish and promoting it and attacking French, English, German, Russian, and your will be former first language, Spanish.

Your wish is my command. The inevitable cannot be stopped.

Don't get piqued of David Graddol's prediction that Mandarin Chinese is a language of the future of Hispanic America!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:09 pm GMT
What happened to you r thread "Presence of Mandarin in Hispanic business show us that..."? I think it was deleted.

Poor you! You spend lots pf time browsing the net to find a link to downgrade the French language and it was deleted. But I'm happy that this thread is not deleted.
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:10 pm GMT
You know non-sense. Congratulations, mi amigo!
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:51 pm GMT
What this hispanic fanatic wants, is what he gets.

It's so laughable that he insisted that Chinese is more important than French and now Mandarin is spreading like a wildfire all over hispanic america.
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:58 pm GMT
It's so laughable that he insisted that Chinese is more important than French and now Mandarin is spreading like a wildfire all over hispanic america replacing English as second language.
Wong   Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm GMT
I am working in a British company in China and the foreigners who work here can speak Chinese, but other employees of my company abroad don't.
Some people from most French companies and companies in Spain and Latin America which trade with China know Chinese, but that dosen't mean other people in their companies speak Chinese.
Only those who trade with Chinese companies may speak Chinese, but the rest who trade with Singapore, Malaysia, etc., where people aslo speak Chinese, speak in English when work.
Of course as a Chinese, I would like other people to speak Chinese. That would be easier for us, because we don't have to learn another language, in that case. But we have to be realistic. Most of the foreigners who can speak Chinese leant Chinese to get a job or enlarge their business.
I don't think anybody abroad learns Chinese to communicate with those people in non-Chinese speaking countries, unless they are huge fan of Chinese culture.
Guest   Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 pm GMT
To Mr. Bwahahahahahahahahaha

<<It's so laughable that he insisted that Chinese is more important than French and now Mandarin is spreading like a wildfire all over hispanic america.>>

It is not what I want or not. It is not what you want or not.

English-Spanish-Chinese are the must-learn languages of the XXI century.

Chinese will be one of the most studied foreign languages of Latin America, after English in 2050.

At the same time, Spanish will be one of the most studied languages of China, after English in 2050 too.

And you are right. The inevitable cannot be stopped: David Graddol's prediction (English-Spanish-Chinese, the top 3 languages) is obviously right. Study the 3 languages, mon ami!
Guest   Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:43 am GMT
Fuck off Anglo Spammer
Guest   Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:14 am GMT
<< And you are right. The inevitable cannot be stopped: David Graddol's prediction (English-Spanish-Chinese, the top 3 languages) is obviously right. Study the 3 languages, mon ami! >>

I'm talking about the inevitable replacement of Spanish by Mandarin in hispanic america because "Across Hispanic America, Mandarin is in the Air" mi amigo and nothing else.
Hispanic   Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:34 pm GMT
If the presence of Chinese in Latin America is the price to pay to make English less important then I prefer that Latin America speaks Chinese instead of English. Nowadays Chinese is very spoken but only in China, just imagine one language spoken by almost 2000 millions of people (China, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, etc) and spread in several continents: Europe, America and Asia. Then Chinese would become the most powerful lingua franca in the History of the Humanity.
Guest   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 pm GMT
<<I'm talking about the inevitable replacement of Spanish by Mandarin in hispanic america because "Across Hispanic America, Mandarin is in the Air" mi amigo and nothing else. >>

A ver TODOS JUNTOS : QUE SERÁ
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXeAceK7Yg&feature=related