New World Linguistic Order

Guest$   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:31 pm GMT
Nowadays, we have probably a New World Linguistic Order. In this new order, according to all the experts, French will be the international language that loses more importance, up to the point of which, probably, in 2050, it will be an important regional language of Europe, as Italian, but not a top language.

The Frenchmen, far from recognizing this strong setback in speakers and students, adopt a challenging attitude. They say that French, has the same status as English, and both are the only international languages (when there are a lot of them, at least, so important than French, like German, Spanish or Chinese).

With this challenging attitude, the Hispanics were the first ones in saying that it is not true. According to them, Spanish is also in this group. They say that Spanish is, at least, so important than French.

The fanatical Frenchmen were not agree, emphasizing the negative points of the Spanish. The Hispanics did the same thing with French.

The most funny is that if the Frenchmen had recognized that Spanish has also the same importance, they should end the discussion.

It is funny because French is, probably, the weakest international language in United Nationes, currently.

What probably will happen is that the top 3 (English- French-Spanish), will change, due to demographic adjustments, and other economic and political aspects to the famous English- Spanish-Chinese. Other languages like Arabic, Indonesian, Portuguese or Hindi will be also very important. So, French, in 2050, can be even 7th or 8th in the top ten list of the most important languages.

So, this discussion is stupid. French will suffer surely a free fall. It don't depends on the Hispanic, French or English posts.

It doesn't mean that Hispanics win. In 2100, probably, there will be other top 3. And, probably, neither Spanish nor French will be in this list.
Guest   Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:36 pm GMT
Frogs can't answer this because they know it is the truth. They will copy your message and change French by Spanish.
future teller   Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:08 pm GMT
The future world order is clear to me. There will be 5 important regional languages . English will remain as the lingua franca around the world, but its role as such will diminish.
these top 5 are:

English

Spanish

Chinese

Russian

Arabic
Guest   Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:44 pm GMT
The French also need Spanish speakers to mow their lawns and clean their toilets.
To have a Spanish speaking shithole south of the border is a fantastic asset for the citizens' well being.
Guest   Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:25 pm GMT
The Spanish need Congolese French speakers to pick up cotton . They are really cheap. Also French (from France) whores are cheap .
Guest   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:57 pm GMT
Well, look at it this way:

French already had its golden age and became a world lingua franca in the past for close to a century...

On the other hand, Spanish will always have English to contend with, and everybody knows that Spanish will never become a lingua franca as long as English is there...

So, talk all you want about Spanish being more important than French... but even if it's true, at least French had the honour of being a lingua franca while Spanish never did in the past and never will in the future... because English will always be the world's lingua franca..

Probably not forever, but then Mandarin will take that prestige, not Spanish.

Conclusion:

FR - 1 (WAS A LINGUA FRANCA BEFORE)
SP - 0 (WAS NEVER A LINGUA FRANCA BEFORE, and WILL NEVER BE ONE)
Guest$   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:02 pm GMT
That is not exactly.

Spanish replaced Latin as the language of diplomacy and (in some aspects) culture during the 16th and 17th centuries, until it was replaced by French (from the Discovery of the Americas in 1492 till 1648).

French was really the most important lingua franca from 1648 till 1945. So, French had an important golden age, more than Spanish, for instance.

Finally, the third lingua franca is English, from 1945 till the present day.

Spanish will be the lingua franca of Latin America, but English will be more widespread, it is true. At the same time, English, won't be, probably, the last most important lingua franca.
Rui   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:24 pm GMT
Well noone can predict the future, but we can predict some of the things to happen, lets say in 2050:

1º English will be even more dominant. Despite the fact that the number of native speakers will diminish from the actual 7% to 4%.

2º Portuguese will be from actual the major world languages the one with higher increase in % in speakers. It will reach 300M some even say 320M.

3º Mandarin will be a lingua franca in Asia, and may/or may not take some space from Cantonese and the other major chinese "dialects".

4º This one is my point of view: The ressurgment of the so called minor languages in Europe like Provencal, Gaelic, the expansion of Catalan, etc.

5º German: Lets not forget this one, it's not standarized in it's space but it's "only" Europes most spoken language.
Guest   Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:34 pm GMT
Thank you for ignoring Spanish bitch...

Spanish will always be in second place behind English, and Portuguese will always be Spanish's little cousin, and regarding Chinese it is too damn dificult to ever be the world language.
Bender Rodriguez   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:22 pm GMT
Hmmm....I think that Rui is really another French.

Anyway, Portuguese will be more important in the future. It will be really the second Romance language. Both together, Spanish and Portuguese will be spoken by 1 billion people.

Another billion will speak Hindi-Urdu. I think that English and Chinese will be spoken by 2 billion in different degrees.

Arabic will be the 5th most spoken language.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:45 am GMT
<<The Frenchmen, far from recognizing this strong setback in speakers and students, adopt a challenging attitude. They say that French, has the same status as English, and both are the only international languages (when there are a lot of them, at least, so important than French, like German, Spanish or Chinese). >>

French fanatics say that German, Russian or Portuguese languages are so important only for win the support of Germans, Russians or Brazilians....

But in the deepest of his heart, frenchies hate these linguistic groups because that languages have more native speakers, more economic importance, the greatest potential expansive, ultimately, this languages are more important than French of shit
Rui   Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:17 am GMT
First of all: Dont insult! If you do it seems you don't have arguments and insulting comes out as the only alternative.

Seconde: I'm not French I'm Portuguese.

Third: I've ignored Castillian as i've ignored French and so on. I just mentioned English because it's the world major now, and Portuguese because will be the European language with the higgest growth.

Forth: Now and in 2050 Castllian will still be way more important than Portuguese, and when asked between the 2 I always advice Castillian, despite the fact that with Portuguese someone will learn Castillan pretty easy.

Fifth: Seems that some people can't disconnect from their national pride here. I wonder how they even speak another language to that effect!

Sixth: Ths site would be wayyyyyy more usefull if there were moderators and log ins to avoid spam.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 am GMT
НАЧИНАЕТСЯ ОПЕРАЦИЯ ПО ПРИНУЖДЕНИЮ СОЕДИНЁННЫХ ШТАТОВ К МИРУ! СМЕРТЬ МАККЕЙНУ! СМЕРТЬ ЧЕЙНИ! СМЕРТЬ ПЭЛИН! СМЕРТЬ АМЕРИКЕ! ДА ЗДРАВСТВУЕТ МЕДВЕДЕВ! ДА ЗДРАВСТВУЮТ АБХАЗИЯ И ЮЖНАЯ ОСЕТИЯ! ДА ЗДРАВСТВУЕТ ПУТИН! ДА ЗДРАВСТВУЕТ РОССИЙСКАЯ ФЕДЕРАЦИЯ! СМЕРТЬ ВРАГАМ РОССИИ! НЕТ ПРОЩЕНИЯ АГРЕССОРАМ! РАДИ ЖИЗНИ НА ЗЕМЛЕ! НЕТ ОДНОПОЛЯРНОМУ МИРУ! СМЕРТЬ ВЕЛИКОБРИТАНИИ! СМЕРТЬ МИЛЭБЕНДУ! СМЕРТЬ БРАУНУ! СМЕРТЬ ВСЕМ, КТО ПРОТИВ РОССИИ! СМЕРТЬ БЕРЕЗОВСКОМУ! СМЕРТЬ СААКАШВИЛИ! СМЕРТЬ ГРУЗИИ! АБХАЗИЯ - НЕЗАВИСИМОЕ ГОСУДАРСТВО! АБХАЗИЯ ЧАСТЬЮ ГРУЗИИ БОЛЬШЕ НЕ ЯВЛЯЕТСЯ! ХА ХА ХА! СМЕРТЬ ЗАПАДУ! СМЕРТЬ ЮЩЕНКО! ДА ЗРАВСТВУЕТ ПАРТИЯ РЕГИОНОВ! ДА ЗДРАВСТВУЕТ БАЦЬКА!
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 am GMT
In the Continent of Australia, Spanish News appears on one of the National Broadcasters, SBS (Special Broadcasting Service), seven days (Monday to Sunday) a week.

In the language sections of book shops in the Continent of Australia, there is usually a large sub-section of Spanish language books, some actual counts have shown that the Spanish language sub-section is the largest (excluding English).

The number of second, third, fourth etc speakers of Spanish in the Continent of Australia appears to be much higher than what a lot of people perceive.
Futuristic   Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 am GMT
The future world order is clear to me. There will be 5 important regional languages . English will remain as the lingua franca around the world, but its role as such will diminish.
these top 5 are:

English

French

Chinese

Russian

Arabic