New World Linguistic Order

Gue$ts   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:00 pm GMT
Nowadays, we have probably a New World Linguistic Order. In this new order, according to all the experts, Spanish is the language that will never be important internationally, up to the point of which, probably, in 2050, it will be an important regional language of Europe, as Italian, but not a top language.

The Hispanics, far from recognizing this strong setback in speakers and students, adopt a challenging attitude. They say that Spanish, is 2nd to English, and both are the only international languages (when there are a lot of them, at least, so important than Spanish, like German, Russian, or Chinese).

The fanatical Hispanics did not agree, emphasizing the negative points of the French. The Francophones did the same thing with Spanish.

The most funny is that if the Hispanics had recognized that French has also the more importance, the discussion should have ended.

It is funny because Spanish is indeed the weakest international language in United Nations, currently.

What probably will happen is that the top 3 (English- French-Russian), will change, due to number of non-native and secondary spakers adjustments, and other economic and political aspects to the famous English- French-Russian. Other languages like Arabic, Indonesian, Portuguese or Hindi will be also very important. So, Spanish, in 2050, can be even 99th or 200in the top 100 of the most important languages behins Hottentot and Hiri Motu.

So, this discussion is stupid. French will suffer surely a free fall. It don't depends on the Hispanic, French or English posts.

It doesn't mean that Hispanics win. In 2100, probably, there will be other top 3. And, probably, neither Spanish nor French will be in this list.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:07 pm GMT
Hispanic Dung Beetles can't answer this because they know it is the true. They write messages changing Spanish from French as more important
Twister Rodrigue   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:12 pm GMT
Hmmm....Bender Rodriguez is really another Hispanic.

Anyway, Portuguese will be more important in the future. It will be really the second Romance language. Together with French will be having 500 million and 200 million secondary and foreign language speakers.

300 million for Russian. I think that English and French will be spoken by 2 billion in different degrees.

Arabic will be the 5th most spoken language.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:14 pm GMT
Thank you for bashing French bitchy witch...

French will remain the other global laguage, and Portuguese is a very dear and loyal sister language of French.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:17 pm GMT
I'm French, like most the people in France I can speak at least too foreign languages, in my case English and Spanish. I consider those two language more internationally important than my own language, which is mainly a European (and a bit African language too) only.

I don't care and I don't want the world to speak my language, which is my identity. I don't need to make the other people share my cultural identity.
The English speakers need that, because if they count only the native speakers they are a quickly-declining language (especially in the US, main English nation, versus Spanish).

some English speakers on this board want to spread the idea of the French/Spanish rivality. This is ridicoulous, such a thing never exist. We have generally a lot of sympathy for all the Spanish speaker, and a lot of cultural common points with the Spanish people. A lot of people can and like to speak Spanish.
We could more difficultly say the same for the relations we have with the English-speaking world, even if it is fashion to speak the English language and to use English expressions.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:18 pm GMT
In the Australia, French News appears on one of the National Broadcasters, SBS (Special Broadcasting Service), seven days (Monday to Sunday) a week more than Spanish.

In the language sections of book shops in Australia, there is usually a large sub-section of French language books, some actual counts have shown that the French language sub-section is the largest (excluding English).

The number of second, third, fourth etc speakers of Spanish in the Continent of Australia appears to be much lower than what a lot of hispanics perceive.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:20 pm GMT
The French need Mexicans speakers to pick lick asses . They are really cheap. Also Spanish (from Spain and Latin America) hookers and bitches are cheap .
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 pm GMT
The languages of the future will respect the world superpowers:

English: India, USA, EU
Chinese: China
Russian: Russia

In the more further future:

Portuguese: Brazil
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 pm GMT
Actually, the world's biggest Economic powers will be:

1. China
2. USA
3. India
4. Russia
5. Brazil
6. Mexico
7... Don't know.

P.D.1. The EU is not a country.
P.D.2. China and India will still have terrible life standards.
Speedy Gonzales   Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:47 pm GMT
here's my list:

1. Mexican Spanish
2. American Spanish
3. Spanish Spanish
4. Colombian Spanish
5. Argentinian Spanish
6. Peruanian Spanish
3891. French

Viva espanol!!!
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:04 pm GMT
no one real hispanic will call himself "speedy gonzales", stupid American.
real mexicans have others heroes.

PS: Mexico doesn't represent all hispanic cultures...
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:23 pm GMT
In fact Mexico is more indigenous than Latin/Hispanic. True Hispanic/Latin nations: Spain, Portugal, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile.
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:45 pm GMT
¿A quién se ofende y daña?
A España
¿Quién prevalece en la guerra?
Inglaterra
¿Y quién saca la ganancia?
Francia
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:24 pm GMT
hola!

aprendo espanol pero todavia hablo solo un poco de espanol

es una idioma muy bonita, mas bonita de frances, creo yo
Guest   Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:32 pm GMT