Esperanto should be compulsory subject in the world

Co-Guest   Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:24 am GMT
esperanto sounds like romanian
don't like either of them
Pedro   Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:37 am GMT
Esperanto is shit. Interlingua is shit. Learn english and don't bother...
Petter   Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:17 am GMT
English is shit Petter...
Boutros   Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:31 am GMT
Swahili should be compulsory s. in the world!
Breiniak   Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:28 pm GMT
Just use a dead language like Latin and revive it. Or be extraordinary and use a insignificant language like Japanese as medium.
Niko   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:26 pm GMT
Breiniak, you're on the right track. Hebrew was revived successfully I may say. So, why not Latin? I'm currently learning Latin, and it is definitely a challenge. If more people were to learn it, their ways of learning and thinking would definitely improve. Plus, it's so fun to speak.
Machine   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:47 pm GMT
How would you say Iphone or HDTV in Latin? This is the problem with reviving old languages. They will always be artificial. Of course all words were invented at one point, but people have an inherent bias against constructed langs.
UoyKcuf   Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:02 am GMT
How do you say Iphone or HDTV in French, German, Russian and Spanish? I know in Russian iPhone is 'iPhone'. Yep, that's right, it's not even written in cyrillics. HDTV is телевидение высокого четкости, television of high clarity. I'm sure words for 'high' and 'clarity' exist in Latin. 'television' could clearly be constructed since it's made out of Latin roots anyway. In Spanish it is 'televisiĆ³n de alta definiciĆ³n'. What's wrong with 'televidium altus definituius'? LOL!