La musique en Europe

Canadian-Canadien   Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:54 am GMT
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know what kind of software do the Europeans use to download music? Here in Canada, we use (Limewire), what is the name of the European version?
I would like to download some songs (by European artists) but I cannot find what I am looking for on (Limewire), so, maybe if I try to search a European software, I can find them.
Thanks!

Bonjour tout le monde,

Je veux juste savoir quelle genre de logiciel est-ce que les européens utilisent pour télécharger de la musique? Ici au Canada, on utilise (Limewire), comment s'appelle la version européene?
Je voudrais télécharger des chansons (par des artistes européens) mais je ne peux pas trouver ce que je cherche sur (Limewire), donc, peut-être si j'essaie de consulter un logiciel européen, je peux les trouver.
Merci
Guest   Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:55 am GMT
This is illegal stuff. I will report it to the authorities.
white   Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 am GMT
Why a Topic with a French title? Do you think all of Europe speaks French you stupid canadian?
12345   Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:33 am GMT
«Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:55 am GMT
This is illegal stuff. I will report it to the authorities. »

Haha Guest. That software isn't illegal. It's only illegal if you use the software in an illegal way ;). But if I was correctly, downloading so called illegal music is completely legal in Canada, just like in the Netherlands. However here in the Netherlands we're not allowed to upload it. I download music sometimes, but if I really like it I'll buy the CD.

«white Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 am GMT
Why a Topic with a French title? Do you think all of Europe speaks French you stupid canadian? »
I think you'd better not reply here. If you don't understand it, why you'd click on it? And if you can't understand that sentence you're as stupid as an amoeba.

I want to hear first from the site admin about the policy here before I reply what program I'm using.
Canadian-Canadien   Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:11 pm GMT
Hi...

lol, I'm sorry to offend you regarding the title...
I was going to make it bilingual but I pressed the "send" button too soon.
But yeah, it wasn't anything complicated...

Anyways, any help is appreciated.
JGreco   Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:11 pm GMT
I've noticed from the conversations about the same subject over in Unilang that the majority of the users who are European seem to use either Emule or Rapid Share. We of course in N. America either have to use a pay service such as ITunes or use Limewire. But Limewire is not really illegal as long as you pay the yearly fee for it at least in the United States Canada might be a different story though.
12345   Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:38 pm GMT
I can only say Emule is sooo 2005
And Rapdshare never works well :).

Just have a look at newsgroups. Binaries and such :). Big advantage is that you won't upload.
Canadian-Canadien   Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:00 am GMT
Guys, it's not that difficult lol.. is there ANYTHING that is not so 2005 and works well, in Europe...? There has to be at least one popular service...
Canadian-Canadien   Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:07 am GMT
By the way, eMule doesn't seem to work...
12345   Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:12 am GMT
Blanc   Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:40 am GMT
<< Guys, it's not that difficult lol.. is there ANYTHING that is not so 2005 and works well, in Europe...? There has to be at least one popular service...>>

Vous ne pas demander des excuses de ce fanatique envieux hispanique. Il est cretin.
Blanc   Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 am GMT
<< Hi...

lol, I'm sorry to offend you regarding the title...
I was going to make it bilingual but I pressed the "send" button too soon.
But yeah, it wasn't anything complicated...

Anyways, any help is appreciated. >>

Vous ne pas demander des excuses de ce fanatique envieux hispanique qui a écrit le message ci-dessous. Il est cretin.

<< Why a Topic with a French title? Do you think all of Europe speaks French you stupid canadian? >>

And what do you want? You want him to write with Spanish subtitle when Spanish is just spoken in Castilia in European continent.
Canadian/Canadien   Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:33 am GMT
"Vous ne pas demander des excuses de ce fanatique envieux hispanique qui a écrit le message ci-dessous. Il est cretin."

Oui, je sais... il n'y a aucune raison de s'excuser.
Franchement, c'était une commentaire stupide.

Si on a le choix de langue quand on parle/écrit aux européens (n'importe de quel pays), je pense que c'est plus efficace de parler en anglais ou en français, qu'en espagnol. Logiquement, les anglophones/francophones sont plus nombreux que des hispanophones en Europe.

Merci pour votre commentaire et je suis désolé concernant les fautes typographiques/grammatiques puisque l'anglais est ma langue maternelle :-)
Céline Dion   Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:30 am GMT
English is my mother tongue now as well. By the way, sharing music is bad, buy my discs please (download only my French songs, because they are worthless).
Canadian-Canadien   Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:59 pm GMT
Hey Céline,

I think you are forgetting a very important thing...
The fact that the population of the Anglosphere is much higher than that of the "Francosphere", so naturally, Céline will generate more sales and profit when she sings in English... that's just pure, cold economics.

The exact same thing applies to a hispanic singer, so according to you, we can also say that Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin and Shakira... they are expanding into a new and lucrative market.

So, please grow up and don't think of this as some kind of linguistic superiority. It all comes down to money and if you ask Céline and Enrique about their prefered language, they will surely point to French and Spanish, respectively.

It doesn't matter whether you say 'La musique en Europe' or 'La música en Europa', it's the same!