Which language is more important in future:Hindi or Japanese

shiv   Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:18 pm GMT
My thoughts exactly slim.
J.C.   Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:23 am GMT
Slim: Thanks for the comments on the English level of the Japanese. It is really low and I found the following comment from a website in Japan:

「曖昧なのですが、TOEICかTOEFLのランキングが日本は世界の中で下から数えて第2位と聞きました。」(I've heard that Japan has the second worst score in the world in TOEIC or TOEFL).

Source: http://bbs.jpcanada.com/oldlog/6/1442.html (By the way, the website also says that Japan has the worst score in TOEIC after North Korea)

Even though I couldn't find something more official to support my posting, English is simply irrelevant in Japan and I wonder if a person can have a normal life speaking only English. In my opinion English can be international but NOT IN JAPAN. In other words, if you intend to work (not as an English teacher) or do business in Japan LEARN JAPANESE.

Cheers!!
J.C.   Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:29 am GMT
Slim: Thanks for the comments on the English level of the Japanese. It is really low and I found the following comment from a website in Japan:

「曖昧なのですが、TOEICかTOEFLのランキングが日本は世界の中で下から数えて第2位と聞きました。」(I've heard that Japan has the second worst score in the world in TOEIC or TOEFL).

Source: http://bbs.jpcanada.com/oldlog/6/1442.html (By the way, the website also says that Japan has the worst score in TOEIC after North Korea)

Even though I couldn't find something more official to support my posting, English is simply irrelevant in Japan and I wonder if a person can have a normal life speaking only English. In my opinion English can be international but NOT IN JAPAN. In other words, if you intend to work (not as an English teacher) or do business in Japan LEARN JAPANESE.

Cheers!!
Civi   Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:47 am GMT
<< Talo: Thanks for the reply but based on comments I've read from Tamil people in communties on orkut, I still don't think they'll accept Hindi so easily based in the following link, which was sent to me by a defender of the "Classical Tamil language". >>

Look who's talking. It's the same as Cantonese speakers in Hong Kong and Guangdong province resist the use of Mandarin. In fact they prefer English over Mandarin because the latter is no use outside China. In addition, It's impossible for monolingual Mandarin and Cantonese speakers even if they use the Chinese ideograms because there are characters that in Mandarin that are not found in Cantonese and vice-versa.