French in Portugal/Brazil

Guest   Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 pm GMT
<<the entire state of Minnesota was under New France before it was sold to you assholes>>

The assholes were the French that sold it.
Silas   Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 pm GMT
"The assholes were the French that sold it."

At that time, it wasn't worth that much to the French.
Back then, they didn't have technologies to detect resources like oil fields or metals.

In fact, it was more of a blunder for Russia to sell Alaska than for France to sell Louisiana.
The Alaska purchase was much more recent than the Louisiana Purchase.
Guest   Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:24 pm GMT
If I'm not mistaken the French sold Louisiana to the Spanish rather than USA. Then after a few years Spain sold Louisiana to USA.
Silas   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:05 pm GMT
Still, selling it to the Spanish rather than the Americans doesn't really change my point.
Guest   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:17 pm GMT
There was not oil or metals in Quebec either. According to what you say none of the French territories had value.
Julien   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm GMT
stop this french bashing!
why people always do that ?
Silas   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 pm GMT
No, I'm saying: BACK THEN, the French did not think that these territories had value... including Quebec. Look up Voltaire's famous saying "quelques arpents de neige"

There were different priorities at that time, sugar cane was worth more than water and forests.
Joke   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:23 am GMT
(sorry for this joke)

<<If I'm not mistaken the French sold Louisiana to the Spanish rather than USA. Then after a few years Spain sold Louisiana to USA. >>

How many times was Louisiana sold? May I buy it? :))
French reality check   Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 pm GMT
<< "BTW, I'm not a "dung beatle". I'm from Minnesota and have an Irish-German background you presumptious frogs!"

Go back to eating your "Freedom Fries" you fucking hick, obese, American piece of shit... the entire state of Minnesota was under New France before it was sold to you assholes. >>

Ha! Typical francophile response. I simply pointed out that I was not a hispanic contrary to what you say, and you reply with insults, stereotypes and name calling. This just reinforces my point to many francophiles can't have a logical argument. They get all emocional instead.

Yes, I know MN was part of New France. But what's your point? I'm not French and most people from here aren't. The eastern part of New France was lost to the British and the western part was sold to Spain. This is why French presence in North America in minimal today. Nobody's fault but the French themselves, so don't be angry at me.

And what's with you anger? You must be bitter that the French empire is gone and will never return. And it must really piss you off that a bunch of hick, obese, piece of shit, freedom fry loving Americans inhabit the territory of you past empire that is no more.
Guest   Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:20 pm GMT
I'm cooking a few freedom fries now.
Spanish reality check   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:24 am GMT
Louisiana and other territories west of Mississippi River was never sold to Spain but was transferred under a secret treaty because France did not want Britain to take it all. in 1801 it was returned to France by Spain at the order of the former and in 1803 it was sold by France to the US. Spain would not purchase Louisiana because at that time it was already poor and of course it could not afford it.
C.J.   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 am GMT
<< As I said before I never felt compelled to study neither French nor Spanish. I only started learning Spanish because I met some COOL Spanish speaking people in Japan, who never tried to impose their culture on me and were ALWAYS very lovely and friendly. As a matter of fact, The best countries I have ever travelled to were Mexico, Argentina and Paraguay. >>

<< That's not of my concern since I'm not hispanic and Spanish is not the topic of this thread. However, I never studied or felt the need to study French or Spanish in Brazil. >>

Oh yes, you're a non-hispanic that's why you keep on attacking the French language and culture and endorsing Spanish. I believe you so much but only in your mind, you hispanic fanatic pretending to be a Jap in Brazil. Go and make a ball of shit.

<< You said it all!!! French WAS before English and Spanish and I don't think that's going to change. >>

Yes, it won't change. Before English and Spanish in Brazil, French was and IS still and WILL always be. Spanish never WAS but IS just for the moment because the demand to learn Spanish in Brazil is waning. Brazilians realized that they have nothing to gain from helpless and nations with no future and progress filled with culture of corruption.
Spanish reality check   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:37 am GMT
<< BTW, I'm not a "dung beatle". I'm from Minnesota and have an Irish-German background you presumptious frogs!>>

Yes you're from Minnesota with Irish and German background(I hope you're telling the truth). But you can't deny you also have a huge Hispanic bacjground.
Spanish reality check   Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 am GMT
<< BTW, I'm not a "dung beatle". I'm from Minnesota and have an Irish-German background you presumptious frogs!>>

Yes you're from Minnesota with Irish and German background(I hope you're telling the truth). But you can't deny you also have a huge Hispanic background.

You're still a hispanic dung beetle whose head is full of lice that's why you keep on lying about facts on languages in favor of Spanish.
Guest   Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:38 pm GMT
See it, non hispanics recognize that Spanish is more important that French. Even southern Frenchs in this forum say that Spanish culture and language are important in Southern France. You are a ugly Northern French jealous of the Spanish language and current projection that only can say "French was important", "French was this, "French was that". Ok, but that happened a long time ago, you were not alive to enjoy it so it's the same as it didn't happen for you. On the other hand you are alive now to stand the fact that Spanish is much more studied than French .