European language?

Sander   Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:47 pm GMT
=>The new group which consist of the English, Scottish, Welsh and the Irish should be rightfully in their own group. <=

Why?
Guest   Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:32 pm GMT
" I kind of understood you suggest to use:
German or germanic countries, French for latin countries, and Russian for slavic countries.

German is a wise choice since it's like the most representative. But I'm sorry I refuse to have French as a tongue for latin countries. French is the language which is the most different from Latin, I can accept Catalan, Italian or any other but not French. Maybe French sounds beautiful, but it's not the closest child to latin. I would choose Italian. "

German for germanic countries
French for latin countries
and Russian for Slavic countries

is right if we follow the importance of speakers at the European level. But If we took in consideration the international importance we could have :

English for the Germanic countries
Spanish for the latin countries
Russian for the Slavic countries

Anyway, French are not against to give more importance to Spanish. Pools shows that France is by far the European country were spanish is more popular.
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:32 am GMT
<=>The new group which consist of the English, Scottish, Welsh and the Irish should be rightfully in their own group. <=

Why? >

LOL oh Sander once again someone got up your nerves it now its my turn.

Frankly unlike you and your people Sander who pick up languages at a drop of a hat. We English speakers are typically the opposite. (In other words we can be quite self centred at times)

I think I just pissed off another person ie. Adam. =P
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:33 am GMT
I would personally go for French over Spanish as the number of countries and also population of French speakers in the EU is greater than the Spanish speaking popluation.
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:35 am GMT
<English for the Germanic countries >?????

mmmmm I as I said before though English is a Germanic language I would perfer German as the Germanic language and English placed in it's own catagory.
greg   Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 am GMT
Entrelangue (Interlingua) serait parfait pour les romanophones.
Sorin   Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:39 am GMT
Romanian is more related to Latin than French besides Italian (and I think Spanish), although it has a lot of words from French :D...Italian would be best ;)
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:53 am GMT
yeah ITALIAN ! we Romance speakers, like Italian, come on !

lets legislate that now and here !

ITALIAN the official language of the South and South-east Europe
Franco   Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:00 am GMT
<<yeah ITALIAN ! we Romance speakers, like Italian, come on !

lets legislate that now and here !

ITALIAN the official language of the South and South-east Europe>>

Footslogger
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 am GMT
Though I would love Italian to be the Latin language of the EU we need to think the practical size.

There is simply more French speakers in the EU zone over other Latin languages.
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:54 am GMT
*practical SIDE
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:46 am GMT
Dear Sander,

you said : "English? Maybe, but it is not usefull when considering it's possition in Europe only 2 nations speak English and both of them are Islands"

your knowledge about Europe is amazing!

England
Scotland
Wales
Ireland

= 4 not 2...
Franco   Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 am GMT
Guest, you are quite mentally subnormal.
They are not nations but part of the United Kingdom, and if you don't like that then I'll tell you where the nearest toilet is for you to flush your head in, sin lugar a dudas.
Sorin   Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:49 am GMT
There'll never be an European language...:) Funny topic though :) Meanwhile I'll learn French and Italian besides English and maybe that'll help me :p
Guest   Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:03 pm GMT
<Guest, you are quite mentally subnormal.
They are not nations but part of the United Kingdom, and if you don't like that then I'll tell you where the nearest toilet is for you to flush your head in, sin lugar a dudas.>

You idiot. Ireland(Republic) ISN'T part of the United Kingdom.