Falando em Português

NewBrunswick   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm GMT
But the truth is that Brazilians speak quite improperly even if you don't wanna admit it, it would be like an Australian saying "I eats" and expecting the rest of the English-speaking world to accept it even though it's wrong.

Speak differently is does not mean to speak incorrect. Americans say things like ''On the street'', ''I've gotten'' and ''I just ate'' . Australians and Britishers says it's wrong, but its not wrong in AMERICAN ENGLISH. ''Eu vi você'' is wrong in Continental Portuguese but it's correct in Brazilian Portuguese, ''Dei-lho a si'' is correct in Continental Portuguese, but incorrect in Brazilian Portuguese, where people say: ''Eu dei para você''//
So, speaking differently does not mean incorrectly. Also, Australians are no example of ''good'' English, their accent sound like a low class London accent (Cockney) to anyone outside Australia. I don't know where did you get that impression of Australians speaking great English LOL
NewBrunswick   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:33 pm GMT
Yes other nationalities came to Brazil which is normal and happened to practically every colony. But Brazil's language and foundation has its roots in Portugal and not Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan etc

/
Brazil is a melting pot country just like US, it's not pure country like Australia or NewZealand with 99% of population coming from UK.
Brazilian culture is not Portuguese, American culture is not British.
Go to the dictionary and look up for ''Melting pot''.
Ricardo   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:41 pm GMT
Alguns portugueses buscam desesperadamente, através de sua insegurança e baixa auto-estima, o amor de alguém que os salve de sua solidão... Porque nunca aprenderam a amarem a si mesmos, para depois amarem de maneira completa outro ser. Nunca cresceram emocionalmente. Sua educação não os promove. Seu fado é ser dependente do outro. Cresceram com a idéia de buscar alguém que os ame por obrigação.

A idéia de alguns portugueses de impor a todo custo apenas uma vertente da história a nós brasileiros, não deixa de ser uma forma inconsciente de nos obrigar a lhes amar, o que não deixa indiretamente de ser uma tentativa de buscar o amor e a auto-estima que eles não possuem. Não se ama por decreto.
Melting posh   Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:45 pm GMT
Brazil is a melting pot country just like US

But with more blacks and mulattos.
a reply   Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:12 pm GMT
After reading several posts, here are my conclusions:

What do you lean in this forum? Nothing besides badmouthing other nationalities.

The subjects are the same over and over again, just go to the posts from past years to read the same nonsense:

"Brazilian portuguese is closer to castillian or italian and so different from portuguese from Portugal" or "bad, bad brazilians they can not speak proper portuguese"

Do you really learn anything about a language here? No

Why is this called a forum language? To state the obvious, the world is full of idiots and many land here just to learn that the portuguese language has many dialects, something that only happens in Mars, and then get shocked from the amount of information that overloads their two only neurons and this obviously causes them to post more nonsense.
(I just try to pretend it is not the same people posting the same nonsense year after year)

Besides being boring to death this forum has nothing usefull, so go learn cooking or something else you may actually be gifted for. This is obviously not the right place to learn a language.
Guest   Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 pm GMT
This is obviously not the right place to learn a language.

The languages forum is the defacto offtopic section , don't take it seriously. There are insightful threads in the English section for those who want to learn English (the language antimoon is devoted to).
Guest   Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:03 pm GMT
The posts of most Brazilians in Antimoon is a good example of the (bad) Brazilian way and manners, which unfortunately many Brazilians also have among themselves. Please read following link on bbc Brasil: http://www.bbc.co.uk/portuguese/noticias/2009/06/090603_suecamarido_ac.shtml
Please note what the Brazilian passenger said about his fellow countrymen: "Sarkozy falou como um de nós, e não como um presidente. Foi muito simpático, e cheguei a ficar comovido, porque no Brasil existe tanta falta de respeito e consideração", acrescentou" .
English: Sarkozy spoke like one of us and not like a president. He was very nice and I was moved by that, SINCE THERE IS SO MUCH LACK OF RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION IN BRAZIL, he added.

I totally agree!
Guest   Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:23 pm GMT
Brazil is a melting pot country just like US, it's not pure country like Australia or NewZealand with 99% of population coming from UK.
Brazilian culture is not Portuguese, American culture is not British.
Go to the dictionary and look up for ''Melting pot''.
============

Read my post again.
Kaeops   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:09 pm GMT
melting pot
The melting pot is an analogy for the way in which heterogeneous societies become more homogeneous, in which the ingredients in the pot (people of different cultures, races and religions) are combined so as to develop a multi-ethnic society.
Guest   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:26 pm GMT
I suggest that the moderator(s) of Antimoon lock this thread and ban from now on all threads containing the words "Portuguese" and "Portugal", since such threads are being misused by Brazilian posters to foment and propagate their hate of the Portuguese nation and culture. Especially one poster who uses different names (Jacyra, Kess, Ricardo, NewBrunswick, Bianca, etc) is completely obsessed with his/her hatred, and compulsively deviates every discussion into his/her hate of the Portuguese people.
Guest   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:28 pm GMT
USA: Melting pot
Brazil: Melting Pop
Guest   Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:33 pm GMT
"Actually, I won't lock the thread just because of a few that are intent on ruining it, nor ban people from talking about certain subjects."

If you call propagation of hate against one whole nation and culture "talking about certain subjects" and "antagonizing messages", then I must conclude that you are failing to recognise the problem.
bullshit   Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 pm GMT

--------------------------

bullshit!

* Afghan (Australia)
* Afghan Australian
* Albanian Australian
* Anglo
* Anglo-Celtic
* Anglo-Celtic Australian
* Asian Australian
* Assyrians/Syriacs in Australia

B

* Bosnian Australian
* Bulgarian Australian

C

* Chilean Australian
* Chinese Australian
* Croatian Australian
* Czech Australians

D

* Danish Australian
* Dutch Australian

E

* English Australian
* Europeans in Oceania

F

* Filipino Australian
* French Australian

G

* German Australian
* Greek Australian

H

* Han Chinese subgroups
* Hungarian Australian

I

* Italian Australian

K

* Korean Australian

L

* Latin American Australian
* Lebanese Australian

M

* Macedonian Australian
* Malaysian Australian
* Maltese Australian
* Manx Australian
* Maori Australian
* Mexican Australian

P

* Pakistani Australian
* Peruvian Australian
* Polish Australian

R

* Romanian Australian
* Russian Australians

S

* Samoan Australian
* Scottish Australian
* Serbian Australian
* South African Australian
* South Sea Islander
* Spanish Australian
* Sri Lankan Australian
* Sudanese Australian
* Swedish Australian
* Swiss Australian

T

* Thai Australian
* Turkish Australian

U

* Ukrainian Australian
* Uruguayan Australian

V

* Vietnamese Australian
Mojca   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:04 pm GMT
You forgot Slovenian Australian.
aussy   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 pm GMT
obviously, that nation is not very important Down Unda...just like in Europe.