Religious music : What language?

shuimo   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:06 pm GMT
That's true, Latin America is still a very poor and over-devout continent. Ignorance and superstion are often bound. Even most North americans are very religious, as a matter of fact they are still timeless children
J.C.   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:30 pm GMT
@shuimo:
I'm really sorry that you link faith and educational level. Personally I have a master's degree and that has no influence on my christian faith (as a matter of fact being a christian made me see how limited and empty my knowledge can be). Also, poverty isn't the only motivation for one's faith since Korea is a very prosperous nation and still there are many christians there. As for America, it is still the most prosperous nation in the world and guess what: there are many christians there, too. So I guess the theory POOR EQUALS RELIGIOUS PEOPLE doesn't work anymore. We can look at the opposite, too: Rich and educated people aren't always atheists.

Cheers,
J.C.   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:30 pm GMT
@shuimo:
I'm really sorry that you link faith and educational level. Personally I have a master's degree and that has no influence on my christian faith (as a matter of fact being a christian made me see how limited and empty my knowledge can be). Also, poverty isn't the only motivation for one's faith since Korea is a very prosperous nation and still there are many christians there. As for America, it is still the most prosperous nation in the world and guess what: there are many christians there, too. So I guess the theory POOR EQUALS RELIGIOUS PEOPLE doesn't work anymore. We can look at the opposite, too: Rich and educated people aren't always atheists.

Cheers,
J.C.   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:31 pm GMT
I apologize that my message came twice even though I only pressed the button once...
CommonAswhole   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:32 pm GMT
As long as you're no 'creation pseudo-scientist'.
Kir   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:44 pm GMT
Obviously it's only Latin: the most beautiful and powerful language ever existed
Skippy   Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:58 pm GMT
to J.C.-

ditto.

I'm working on a master's and it hasn't hindered my christian beliefs. i double majored with a minor in undergrad. My father is a physician, my mother is a former teacher of world history who is all but fluent in Latin, and they are both far more devout than I am.
/   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:10 pm GMT
There are physicians and physicists who are Christian, and if you just use the broad term of "faith", you will run into many bright people who practice some sort of religion.
CommonAswhole   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:23 pm GMT
Even whenever they go to the toilet, a sky daddy is watching them. ROFL. People often believe because they willfully seek hope in seeing their loved ones lost.
/   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:31 pm GMT
Logically, "sky daddy" has seen everything, so who cares? It's like physicians, nurses, and others who work with people who are ill-we've seen plenty of bodies.
CommonAswhole   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:34 pm GMT
The USA being a first world country doesn't count neither I think. Many Americans even cannot point out Russia in the world map.
/   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:48 pm GMT
If you like geography games, you can google that topic and there are some fun travel games where you can see how close you can hit a target within a few kilometers. I think most people I know can pick out Russia on a map. If they can't, well, maybe it is not important for their daily lives. No one has ever asked me to point out Russia on the map, or France even though I'm ready to answer those queries and hope that I'll get a nice wad of cash for answering. They used to do that kind of game in the US, a game show person or a talk show host would ask a person on the street some general question (for comedy) about geography, for example.
^_^   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:52 pm GMT
Do you know where Greece or Croatia are?
Guest   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm GMT
Greece and Croatia are insignificant countries. An American doesn't care where they are located at.
European   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:58 pm GMT
Guest you're idiot! Greece is the birthplace of Western Civilization! Eat fewer Hamburgers and read a bit more, retarded! I'm not Greek anyway but I cannot stand all these foolish things