Religious music : What language?

/   Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:00 pm GMT
ναι
Skippy   Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:10 pm GMT
Americans can find Greece on a map, and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't far off on Croatia either.
Molly   Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:13 pm GMT
Americans can find Greece on a map, and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't far off on Croatia either.

SUUURE!!! AHAHAH!!! we do believe you! All of us! retarded Americans can't point America on a map, but they know where Greece is... truly, I have any doubt!
Beatha   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:11 pm GMT
Americans really do not care about the world. Maybe just a little with England. That is a mistake. That is why the U.S. is no longer the dominant power and opening up space for the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India China walks).

We must understand that we are in the same boat and no nation better than another ... Only differences as natural as the fire differs from water. The other differences that we created.

Love from Norway
nois   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:28 pm GMT
Americans really do not care about the world. Maybe just a little with England.

We don't give a fuck of england too.
For which unknown reason must we have to care of it??????
shuimo+   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:32 pm GMT
<<@shuimo:
I'm really sorry that you link faith and educational level. Personally I have a master's degree and that has no influence on my christian faith (as a matter of fact being a christian made me see how limited and empty my knowledge can be). Also, poverty isn't the only motivation for one's faith since Korea is a very prosperous nation and still there are many christians there. As for America, it is still the most prosperous nation in the world and guess what: there are many christians there, too. So I guess the theory POOR EQUALS RELIGIOUS PEOPLE doesn't work anymore. We can look at the opposite, too: Rich and educated people aren't always atheists.

Cheers, >>

Except it's easy to stay religious when studying something like languages. On the other hand, if you study science only very very few people will be able to retain their religious beliefs. I used to be heavily religious then I studied physics and by the time I was done the evidence was built up so highly that I couldn't look myself in the mirror and say I was religious without feeling ashamed. I had to become an atheist. Go to any science faculty and run a survey and the results will be hugely in favour of atheism. . And scientists are the ones who have most changed the world. So yes, education in the hard sciences does correlate with non-religion. And since science works, and religion doesn't, I can't but admire the universal truth of mathematical equations. So if admiration is equivalent to religion then perhaps I am somewhat religious.
Guest   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:48 pm GMT
<<And since science works, and religion doesn't>>

Religions work in their field, they give meaning to people's lives who believe in those religions. So saying science work and religion doesn't is absurd. Science does not make people more happy, despite the material opulence it may bring . I doubt when you are about to die you will be thinking about the beauty of differential equations or something, maybe you will pray to God , despite you confess yourself as atheist right now. There have been religous people and scientists at the same time like Mendel and many others. Current atheism is consequence of just a trend, surely if you take a survey in a Philosophy faculty the results will be the same than in a science faculty because they stick to the same sociological trend, at least in the Western World and to a lesser degree in third world countries. In my humble opinion , religion is a mechanism people use to overcome difficulties of any kind, if you are young, don't suffer any illnesses and are not poor, probably you will be atheist, or agnostic (you simply don't care or don't bother to thing about trascendental matters) .
another Guest   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:56 pm GMT
I think every person in this world believe in something more than they can see(called it science). To believe in 'what you cannot see' is a 'ingualable sensaciĆ³n' . The side of this you chose is what makes us different.
I personnally prefer this side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwtZR6m6n0
shuimo+   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:09 pm GMT
<<Religions work in their field, they give meaning to people's lives who believe in those religions. >>

That's true, but it doesn't make religion true. I would personally rather be unhappy than to deceive myself. I guess it comes to personal preference, if your wife were cheating on you would you rather know and have your happy marriage come crashing down, or not know and continue on in naive bliss? Different people will answer differently.
Guest   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:18 pm GMT
True and false are subjective terms.
Beatha   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:25 pm GMT
Americans do not care about the world ... Well, that is because they will fall into oblivion, as the old USSR.
Beatha   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:33 pm GMT
China proposed that the dollar is replaced by an international currency, before yesterday.

With the dollar falling, is the beginning of the end of the American Empire. Only Latin America is still under their wings for a while, until Brazil and Mercosur rise.

Europe wil win the crisis, but I find difficult that the U.S. keep being the biggest power after the Financial Crysis.
Guest   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:39 pm GMT
You talk like if you were a future teller Beatha.
Sam   Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 am GMT
USA is very technological advanced and has good universities and big firms that can compete quite well in this global world. In addition they have nuclear weapons and a big army . That's more than enough nowadays to be on the top. So i can't not see the decline of US in a near future.
sammito   Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 am GMT
Sam you're ridiculous. That's all