Which language has the best cinema?

Hulk   Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:29 am GMT
Hollywood produces no films, but movies. Films are sophisticated, movies are mostly not - that's the difference.
J.C.   Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:54 am GMT
How about Wim Wender's movies? Anybody interested in them?
Insulation   Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:26 am GMT
The shittiest films are these CGI packed half-animated, half-real ones based on comic books like Batman, Fantastic Four, GI Joe. They are so dreadful I'd rather be raped than watch one.
Danny   Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:37 pm GMT
I love Scandinavian cinema
Their movies can be very funny or very introspective and also very adventorous, expecially the cinema for kids with all the Nordic legends of trolls, imps, fairies. Lately they are producing very international high quality movies like "Let The Right One In" "O'Horten" "Men Who Hate Women"

Italian cinema 40 years ago used to be the cornerstone of neorealism.
Very high quality but very little adventure, magic and too devoted to Italian politics, culture and its issue... hence often only italians could relate to it. Spagetti western was great. Modern italian cinema is in my opinion the worst cinema worldwide. It's just bad acting from wannabe actors who have won reality shows and or bad dialectal boor trashy cheap comedies. The only exception is Robert Benigni who is a genius and makes terrific movies.

French cinema is very interesting.
It can be introspective or flamboyant. I love Truffaut and the abstract cartoons like La Planète sauvage and I think the weird erotic cartoons are interesting as well. French actions is interesting: Nikita, Taxi, Fifth Element.
French comedies like "Bienvenue chez les ch'tis" are getting lot of positive reviews. I also like the modern moder international movies they're producing like "Amelie" or "Arthur et les Minimoys"

Spanish cinema is getting very interesting lately.
I love their hottor flicks like "El espinazo del diablo" "El Orfanato"
"El laberinto del fauno". And "Abre los Ojos" is one of the best movies ever. And what about the poetry or "Mar Adento". En Tu Ausencia is another great movie.

English cinema is extremely interesting for its humour.
I love english comedies like "Saving Grace", "Calendar Girls", "Brassed Off" and modern movies like "Trainspotting", "Millions", "Billy Elliot", "About a Boy". There are very nice old fantasy flicks like "Time Bandits" and "Village of the Damned" and "The Medusa Touch"

Asian Cinema is evolving and getting more and more interesting.
I love their immagination, poetry and calm. I love their incredible animated features like "Spirited Away" or "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Paprika".
They have great horrror flicks like "The Eye", "The Ring", "Shutter" and incredible movies like "Dreams", "Stray Dogs", "Ran" and "Severn Samurai".
---\:::/---   Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:33 pm GMT
<<Spanish cinema is getting very interesting lately.
"El laberinto del fauno". And "Abre los Ojos" is one of the best movies ever. And what about the poetry or "Mar Adento". En Tu Ausencia is another great movie. >>

I agree ;)
Toshiro Mifune   Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm GMT
<<<incredible movies like "Dreams", "Stray Dogs", "Ran" and "Severn Samurai"<<<
These are all Akira Kurosawa films; not 'Asian'.
kjnhjhf   Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:56 pm GMT
Spanish and Czech

and i agree that French one is to americanized. all those action movies...bad copy
gesundheit   Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:22 am GMT
Germany produces a lot of great films, most recently in 2007 "die Welle"(The Wave). They have a wonderful sense of humor in Germany, so the comedies are hilarious, and the more serious stuff like "das Boot", "die Untergang", "die Fälscher" are incredible.
K. T.   Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:35 am GMT
It's A Long Way To Tipperary,so you had better take care of that cold. I know I didn't sneeze.
Heuroes   Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:34 am GMT
Spanish cinema is getting very interesting lately.
"El laberinto del fauno". And "Abre los Ojos" is one of the best movies ever. And what about the poetry or "Mar Adento". En Tu Ausencia is another great movie.

All these movies are European movies, not Spanish movies.

For example Mar Adentro was produced by Spain France and Italy, and El laberinto del fauno by Silvio Berlusconi with Telecinco.
un presente para FRanco   Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:38 pm GMT
fauno by Silvio Berlusconi with Telecinco.

I hope Berlusconi will move to Spain-. Franco and Hitler deserve a president like him! Actually Berlusconi has already brainwashed Spanish housewives with Telecinco
Guest   Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:41 pm GMT
Telecinco supports Zapatero, not Franco and the right wing.
user   Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 pm GMT
spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
viva berlusconi   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:02 pm GMT
I wish Spain had a great leader like Berlusconi. I am disgusted by the disgusting Spanish liberal retards who are trying to Slander great Berlusconi. El País is a shame to Spain!
AK   Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 pm GMT
How about Iranian cinema? Hollywood produces one good movie out of 10.