Which Romance language sounds more Slavic?

Anglicki   Fri May 07, 2010 3:23 am GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHxBdVeu3g&feature=related

Lithuanians, Portuguese, Polish and Russians do sound like this guy.
WAKE UP CALL   Fri May 07, 2010 4:40 am GMT
GUYS, YOU HAVE REALLY GOT TO GET A FUCKING HOBBY.
ravinescu   Sun May 09, 2010 6:13 am GMT
=========================
Quote from: louis
Ravinescu, be so good and listen what some people are asking you to do, please! It is not polite to force these forummists to read your endless stories, don't you realize that? Answer the MAIN question if you can and stick on that. It is not nice to insist on subjects what only Romanians might be interested in...

The above quote is from another romanian that uses the default response to the exposing of the historical and linguistic truth, namely lies and censoring (disguised now as an auto-censoring recommendation). But actually this is not another romanian, this is the same one that posts every week the same message with slight variations. He thinks that he is so slick, that the audience will be fooled. He's a strict follower of the lessons taught by the Romanian Academy of Propaganda (RAP), a secret subdivision of the Romanian Academy, in activity since the 19th century. In dealing with the decisions (rulings) of the Romanian Academy one must always follow the advice "cherchez la propagande" ("search for the propaganda"), just as in the detective novels one must follow the advice "cherchez la femme" ("search for the woman"). This is why the majority of romanians have been transformed into propagandists, acting under the strict guidance of the RAP.

And speaking of the Romanian Academy, it must be said that it is probably the only such institution from Europe, if not from the whole world, that had as full members two half illiterate people, namely the romanian presidential couple from the communist era, Nicolae and Elena Ceauşescu. Both were hardly capable of expressing themselves correctly in speaking, but this was not a problem for the romanian academicians, who wrote the works (books, articles, etc.) needed for the couple to be accepted as members of the Academy, he (Nicolae Ceauşescu) as a political scientist and she (Elena Ceauşescu) as a chemical scientist. Below is a quote from the 1989 trial of the Ceauşescu couple:

###############################

JUDECĂTORUL: Dânsa este vorbăreaţă, dar am văzut-o de mai multe ori, că numai citea. Savantul, inginerul, academicianul, care nu ştia să citească. Analfabeta ajunsese academician.

ELENA CEAUŞESCU: O să te audă intelectualii din ţara asta şi toţi colegii mei. O să te audă colegii mei! O să te audă!

[...]

JUDECĂTORUL: Nu ai nici o legătură nici dumneata cu acest genocid? Sau dumneata erai întotdeauna preocupată de ştiinţă! De polimeri! Cine ţi-a publicat lucrările în străinătate?

NICOLAE CEAUŞESCU: Sunt cu zecile lucrările publicate în străinătate, cu ştiinţa şi polimerii.

JUDECĂTORUL: Cine le scria? ..Aaa ... taci din gură!

ELENA CEAUŞESCU: Ce să-i spun, dacă ei poate să spună aşa ceva?

NICOLAE CEAUŞESCU: Păi, nu le spune! Când preşedinte al Academiei ..au făcut prefaţa la toate lucrările, se poate?

[...]

JUDECĂTORUL: Dumneata întotdeauna ai vorbit mai mult decât colaboratoarea apropiată a dumitale, totdeauna ai fost în faţă, dar întotdeauna ai avut-o în dreapta dumitale. Şi ea cunoaşte tot atâtea lucruri importante, dar ar fi bine să fie relatate în faţa tribunalului, să cooperăm, să vorbim civilizat ca nişte intelectuali - cum vă pretindeaţi amândoi, membrii ai Academiei -, să ne spuneţi cu ce bani se plăteau publicaţiile, atât ale inculpatei, cât şi operele alese, cât şi cărţile de ştiintă ale academicianului Elena Ceauşescu. Aşa-zisul academician.

ELENA CEAUŞESCU: Aşa-zisul... Ne-ai luat şi titlurile...

JUDECĂTORUL: Nu le-am luat eu. Să răspundă la întrebările puse de tribunal.

--------------------------------------------

English translation:

THE JUDGE: She is very talkative, but I saw her on many occasions and she only read [what was written by others]. The scholar, the engineer, the academician, who didn't know how to write. The illiterate had become an academician.

ELENA CEAUŞESCU: You will be heard by all the intellectuals from this country and by all my colleagues. You will be heard by all my colleagues! You will be heard!

[...]

THE JUDGE: You don't have any link to this genocide either? Or is it that you were always preoccupied with science! With polymers! Who published your works abroad?

NICOLAE CEAUŞESCU: There are tens of works published abroad, about science and polymers.

THE JUDGE: Who wrote them? ..Oh ... shut up!

ELENA CEAUŞESCU: What can I say, If they can tell such things?

NICOLAE CEAUŞESCU: So, don't tell them! When the president of the [Romanian] Academy ..wrote the foreword to all the works, is it possible?

[...]

THE JUDGE: You [Nicolae Ceauşescu] always spoke more than your close collaborator, you always were at the forefront, but she was alwyas at your side. She also knows many important things, but it should be better that they are told before the court, that we cooperate, that we talk politely like intellectuals - as you both pretended to be, members of the Academy -, to tell us with what money were paid the works, those of the defendant Elena Ceauşescu, the selected works [of Nicolae Ceauşescu], and also the science books of the academician Elena Ceauşescu. The so-called academician.

ELENA CEAUŞESCU: The so-called... You took our [academic] titles...

THE JUDGE: I didn't took them. Answer the questions posed by the court.

http://tinyurl.com/ceausescu-trial
(shortened URL to the transcript of the Ceauşescu trial, published by Wikisource)
##################################
ravinescu   Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 am GMT
The trial of the Ceauşescu couple was a mockery of justice, and is taught all over the world as an example of a political trial with the sentence already known before the trial was even started. Even the lawyer (provided by the court) of the defendants acted as a prosecutor, by accusing them of their wrongdoings! This is not to say that both Nicolae and Elena Ceauşescu didn't deserve their fate, they fully deserved it. The trial and following execution were done in a total disrespect of the law, just like all the political trials from the communist era. In the end, the presidential couple reaped what it had sowed.

But I gave the above quote from the trial for another reason. Almost all the romanians that watched the Ceauşescu trial laughed when hearing the claims of Nicolae and Elena Ceauşescu stating that they were academicans and should be treated with utmost respect. All the romanian people knew that these two half illiterate persons were not worth of being elected members of the Academy, because all their works were written by someone else. But I said "almost all the romanians laughed", because there were also romanians that didn't laugh when watching the Ceauşescu trial, instead they were frozen by fear. These were the romanian academicians, whose abhorrent behavior to elect two half illiterate persons in the Romanian Academy was exposed in the open, for all the world to see it. You would think that the romanian academicians were threatened with guns in order to elect the presidential couple as members of the Academy. Not at all, the academicians were corrupt people and elected the Ceauşescu couple as members only for political and financial gains. It must be said that for someone to be accepted as a member of the Romanian Academy, it must gain a majority of the vote of the current members. This was not a problem for Nicolae and Elena Ceauşescu, who were easily voted as members by the corrupt romanian academicians.

But once the two Ceauşescu were dead, the Romanian Academy was faced with an image problem. The Academy was a willing collaborator of the communist regime and the romanian population wanted to purge the Academy of all those that were made members without having the cultural/scientific accomplishments necessary to be elected in such a high position. Of course, the former presidential couple, now dead, was quickly expelled from the Academy, but the bad image of the Academy as a crony of the communists remained in the popular conscience, fueled by the reruns of the Ceauşescu trial on romanian TV. So the academicians needed to do something fast, otherwise the purge would be put into effect, and many of them would lose their prestige and privileges. And they remembered the fact that the Romanian Academy was established as an institution in the 19th century by latinists, who wanted to have an official institution of the state from where to spread more efficiently their latinist propaganda, paid with money received from the state budget. The academicians from the year 1990 were no more latinists, they were communists and for the last several decades they had spread communist propaganda. It was about time to ditch the communist propaganda and reinstate the latinist propaganda, in order to save all the academicians from a purge that would eventually expel many of them from the ranks of the Academy. And they did just that, by modifying one more time the language, just like their forerunners (predecessors) did in the 19th century. This is why in the romanian language exists today the propagandistic letter  (that designates the same sound as Î) and the latin word "sunt" (instead of the romanian word "sînt"). The Romanian Academy perpetuated the propagandistic dialect of the romanian language, fabricated in the 19th century by the latinists. And the romanian population was actually fooled in 1993 by the clever trick of the academicians who reinstated the propagandistic spelling. The population believed that the academicians had transformed themselves overnight from communists into latinists, as they were before the communist period and the purging of the former communists form the Academy was abandoned. We can see now that this transformation from communists to latinists was a fake, because the romanian academicians once they kept their privileges, quickly forgot the latinism and embraced the more prestigious americanism, like almost all the romanian population, who gladly embraced americanity and ditched latinity as quickly as possible, mentioning it only when speaking with non-romanians.
ravinescu   Sun May 09, 2010 6:17 am GMT
But anyway, enough of the tricks used by the Romanian Academy, back to the trick used by Louis.

In Romania there is a big problem. From birth, the romanians are taught to admire people that are slick, cunning, or as it is said in romanian "şmecheri". So the romanians begin to think that this is the modus operandi (method of operating) that they should use in every domain, from history to linguistics to interpersonal relationships to posting on forums. The slyness of the latinist propagandists from the 19 and 20th centuries demonstrated how easy is to fool people, romanians and non-romanians alike, with regard to the romanian history and language. The romanian civilization is one where trickery was elevated to the rank of an art form. But romanians are lousy actors and the propaganda is ill supported with plausible fabrications, so the truth can be discovered if you don't believe blindly what you are told, and scratch the surface a little. Let's take Louis as an example. He wants to pass as a non-romanian, fed up with the discussion about romanian language and history from this thread. Unfortunately for him, his romanian colors are very noticeable. He uses the word "forummists", which is not used in english, but is widely used in romanian (in the form "forumist", with a single "m"). This is because in romanian the translation of "forum user" is "utilizator al forumului" or "utilizator de forum", both expressions being too big to be used regularly. So, in the romanian language was coined the form "forumist", which is perfect as a translation for "forum user". Louis makes also another mistake, very common among romanians. In the romanian language the double consonants are very rare, and are present only in neologisms (words imported from other languages). However, the majority of the romanian words of foreign origin that have double consonants in their original language, loses them in romanian (for example "torrent" from french has become "torent" in romanian). The fact that english has so many double consonants confuses romanians, to the point that they think that the majority of the english words have them. This is why many romanians write incorrectly some english words that they perceive as needing a double consonant. This is the case of Louis, who believes that the word "forummist" is an english one, so he thinks that in english this word has a double consonant. However, in english this word is very seldom used and mainly by non-native speakers. It is easy to see from a Google search that "forumist" is widely used only in the romanian language. The "slyness" of Louis to present himself as a non-romanian is blown up by his lack of understanding that his writing can easily show who he really is. It is interesting that Louis wants me to not post anymore, but has no problem with the forum users that post profanities. He has no problem with vulgar words and expressions, but he has a big problem with exposing the truth about the romanian history and language. And rightly so, because the RAP will not pay him anymore if the propaganda has no effect on the non-romanians.

My messages posted on this thread are on the pages: 4, 5, 8-10, 13, 20-25, 27-30, 32-37, 42-46. Anyone can see that they are full of answers to the questions and assertions of other forum users who have posted on the thread. It's not like this thread was my monologue, actually it was a dialogue, to which I have participated alongside other users.
ravinescian idiocy   Sun May 09, 2010 8:25 am GMT
My messages posted on this thread are on the pages: 4, 5, 8-10, 13, 20-25, 27-30, 32-37, 42-46. Anyone can see that they are full of answers to the questions and assertions of other forum users who have posted on the thread. It's not like this thread was my monologue, actually it was a dialogue, to which I have participated alongside other users.
You are realy,   Sun May 09, 2010 12:55 pm GMT
realy sick, man!
Lol   Sun May 09, 2010 5:12 pm GMT
Okay, now this guy is going too far. He just seems desperate now. Somehow, even when someone didn't bring up anything to argue with him, he still managed to find enough info to fill a whole page and somehow relate it to the "propanda" spiel haha.
impressed   Mon May 10, 2010 5:14 am GMT
I am impressed by ravinescu. He is owning everybody.
to impreesed   Mon May 10, 2010 10:59 am GMT
he is owning everybody, but himself! he lost his mind don't you see!
Franco   Mon May 10, 2010 1:38 pm GMT
Ravinescu is owned by the spirit of Dracula right now.
No, he is   Mon May 10, 2010 3:47 pm GMT
possessed by the spirit of Dracula!
ravinescu   Sun May 16, 2010 8:40 am GMT
Quote from: Anonymous romanian
You are realy, realy sick, man!

I already said it, with posts like the one quoted above, the romanians gain a reputation of gross (vulgar) persons, who think that they can get the upper hand in intellectual debates by verbally abusing their adversaries. I don't think that a reputation of trollish people is a good one for romanians.

Oh, and the anonymous romanian just demonstrated what I have said in my previous message, that many romanians don't know when to use the double consonants in english words. The word "realy" (repeated two times in the above quote) does not exist in english, the correct writing being "really". But hey, when so many romanians write incorrectly (without diacritics) their own language, who could believe that they are capable to write correctly in english? When you don't respect your own maternal language, there are few chances that you will respect other ones.

#####################
REALY

How retards spell "really"

Retard: I'm realy cool

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=realy
######################

Quite ironic for a person who writes "realy" to emit harsh opinions about others...
ravinescu   Sun May 16, 2010 8:41 am GMT
Quote from: Impressed
I am impressed by ravinescu. He is owning everybody.

Thanks, but it's really not so difficult. I already know their tricks, because they spread the official romanian propaganda. In the communist period there was an expression for those that followed strictly the official ideology, namely "ei urmează linia partidului" ["they follow the line traced by the party"], where the party was of course the communist party, the only one allowed to exist in Romania in those times. And actually the historical and linguistic propaganda, although concocted in the 19th century, was strictly enforced in the last 20 years of the communist period (1970 - 1990), when many of the romanian propagandists of today went to (primary) school. It makes you think that there is a party that has survived all the regime changes that happened in Romania, and this one is clearly the propaganda party. This is the party with the biggest number of members, practically every romanian that enters school being made, by the subsequent historical and linguistic indoctrination, a full member of the PPR (Propaganda Party of Romania).
ravinescu   Sun May 16, 2010 8:43 am GMT
he is owning everybody, but himself! he lost his mind don't you see!

The quote from above is a trick used on a large scale by romanians on the forums, in order to manipulate the audience. It is completely childish, but somehow they continue to use it, even if does not work at all. It goes like that. An anonymous person utters authoritative opinions about the health of the interlocutor, as if it was some sort of medical authority. Then the same person, under another nickname, or another person says the same things, in order to enforce the opinion. What they don't understand is that this psychological trick works only for the discussions among children from kindergarten or primary school, but not for the serious discussions among adults, where the only things that count are the arguments, not the insults.

Okay, now this guy is going too far. He just seems desperate now.

You cannot be desperate in front of an audience that is open-minded and wants to learn the truth about some historical and linguistic matters. Those that are desperate are the ones that spread lies and propaganda, who see their credibility being blown away, and are not capable anymore to brainwash their audience. It's easy to see desperation in the behavior of the anonymous romanian propagandist who copied the last paragraph from one of my previous messages and reposted it 140 times, in order to spam the forum and disturb the thread. This is a typical behavior for a propagandist, who wants to disrupt the discussion where his lies are debunked one after another.