The most beautiful Slavonic language

Herman   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:04 am GMT
Please, select 5 most beautiful Slavonic languages posting it with the number before a language, for instance:
1.Czech
2.Macedonian etc... the list should start with the most beautiful, so, in my "list" above, Czech is the nicest. (that was an example).
Please, make it seriously, I need it for some investigation.
Also, try to avoid using the old terms such as Czechoslovakian or Serbo-Croatian etc.
Thank you a lot!
matko   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 am GMT
well, since I'm Croat, this is my list:

1. Croatian
2. Russian
3. Polish
4. Bulgarian
5. Czech
basta de subjetividad   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 am GMT
Harman, eres un idiota sin remedio. Cada uno tiene una idea propia de la belleza y es una pérdida de tiempo y de neuronas componer listas sin sentido... si no dejas de postear estos hilos de mierda voy a spamearlos enumerando idiomas elegidos al azar cada vez con otro nic, así que no podrás sacar conclusión alguna para tu investigación de pacotilla.
Herman   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:37 am GMT
sorry, i'm new here and i didn't know that the atmosphere is so lame here.
matko, thank you, anyway, if you're going to spam it, it'll be useless.
TaylorS   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 am GMT
They all sound the same to me. Lots of constant clusters and palatalized consonants, furiously rolled Rs, and stress-timed speech rhythm.
K. T.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 am GMT
They don't sound the same to me. I admit that I prefer the East Slavic and Southern Slavic languages. It doesn't mean that I think the other Slavic languages sound "bad"- just that these are the languages I find beautiful.
Thor   Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:04 am GMT
@TaylorS
---They all sound the same to me.---

Typical opinion of an ignorant American. Sometimes I wonder why yanks are so dumb.
_____

My List

Serbian/ Croatian
Ukrainian
Slovak
Czech
Russian

Polish is disgrace of slavic family.
K. T.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 am GMT
"Typical opinion of an ignorant American. Sometimes I wonder why yanks are so dumb."

I wonder that too. I look in the mirror and say, "K. T., you are so dumb, you dumb yank, you! You should know more about Sorbian than you do, and you don't speak as many languages as Stuart Jay Raj! Whaddya gonna do about it!"

Actually, I never do that. I feel guilty about not knowing Vietnamese, Korean, and Arabic, but that's about it.

Hopefully, I won't end up on some show like that kid in "Slum Dog Millionaire" and have to explain to police why I know so much when I am really dumb.
Thor   Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 am GMT
"I wonder that too. I look in the mirror and say, "K. T., you are so dumb, you dumb yank, you! You should know more about Sorbian than you do, and you don't speak as many languages as Stuart Jay Raj! Whaddya gonna do about it!"

Apparently you're just an exception. 98% of the Americans I've happened to meet were arrogant, repulsive swines.
K. T.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:11 am GMT
Thor,

I think recognizing different languages is merely a matter of adequate exposure to the languages. In the US, we don't get a lot of exposure to multiple languages unless we live in a big city or work with immigrant populations.

There are thousands of languages in the world. I wonder how many Antimooners can identify as few as twenty of them by sound.

The Americans you meet depends on your circumstances and your social circle. If your net of acquaintances is large through your work, you'll meet some rotten apples. I don't think TaylorS is a rotten apple- not with that kind of vocabulary related to languages. It's just a matter of time and effort before TaylorS gets clued in to the obvious musical differences between certain Slavic languages.

I don't know if TaylorS is even American, but just as you don't like flippant comments, I don't like a broadbrush over Americans in general based on one comment.
Italiano vero   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:43 am GMT
L'italiano che impiegate è stato tradotto con traduttori automatici? E' assai scorretto e spesso esilarante nella sua formulazione??
lop   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:50 am GMT
Well, I'd say

Russian
Polish
Slovene
Czech
Sorabian
lola   Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:53 am GMT
Sorry, but all Slavonic languages sound the same to my ears...
quite harsh, anyway.
Guest   Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:03 am GMT
The most beautiful slavic language is Romanian. Also Portuguese is beautiful.
Joao   Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 am GMT
Croatian
Ukrainian
Russian
Slovak
Slovene