why, Why was kanji eliminated in Korean script??????

Because!!!!   Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 am GMT
They Koreans think that hangul, the korean alphabet, is the best in the world. (Actually that's not true)
Little Tadpole   Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 am GMT
East Asians: :) You have your children and grandchildren to answer to. When your grandchildren come over to ask you, "Grandpa, what does it mean when you said this thing about %$#@!" I am sure you will be very proud to give an answer. Right?

Or will what you have said haunt you for the rest of your life? :) You hope people will never find out later, right? Cross your finger?

One moment of travesty might seem fun. But it has ruined whatever you had ever tried to stand for. The more you say now, the more you will regret later. Having fun is OK when you can still claim innocence. But hopefully one day you will understand that's not a game that you can afford forever.

To start over, drop the "East Asians" thing. You are Chinese, no need to pretend you are not, and no need to pretend you can represent other Asian people except yourself. No need to lie. Just be honest. Life has very simple rules. You are not only giving a bad name to yourself, but you are being irresponsible towards your fellow citizens. Many Chinese people work very hard to dispel stereotypes. You are not helping. In fact, for all your talking, you are hurting whatever you wanted to stand for. And later you wonder why bad things happen to the Chinese? You are the image of your country, remember that.

Have a nice day.
Tionghoa   Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:51 am GMT
to "little tadpole" & "east asian":

the quarrel about chinese characters between you two is supposed to end up with a lasting peace. for so long I've been really fed up with mutual hostility and endless abuse. haven't you noticed what you were doing? mr little tadpole, we should talk about characters and latinization, that's to say, if you were proficient in chinese, just tell us your rationale for converting characters into latinized system, and you must explain it clearly, logically, and systematically, don't say anything groundless to advocate your propaganda noisily. action speaks louder than words! and mr east asian, please calm yourself down, ok?
Tionghoa   Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:42 am GMT
Little Tadpole, I have to stress a point, we love using character system mainly due to it's much more suitable for Chinese writing system (of course not a lie) than unfeasible Latinization, not due to the inferiority complex or whatever else, if you insist that you're right and we're all wrong, I have nothing else to argue with you, because it's really a pointless topic and such a waste of our time and energy.
East Asians   Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:00 am GMT
<<Tionghoa Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:51 am GMT
mr east asian, please calm yourself down, ok? >>

我没激动,只是觉得那小蝌蚪很偏激,又自以为是,所以逗着他玩儿......

你从我的中文,可以看出我不是中国人,对吗?可是他就是非得逼我承认我是中国人不可.....我看他是绝不放过任何辱骂中国人的机会,就算没有机会,他也会去制造一些机会....这到底是什么心态啊?

其实也不是像你所说的互相敌对和无止境的辱骂....老实说,我既不是大陆人,也不是台湾人,观看两岸的问题也只是站在一个外国人的角度,没有偏袒任何一方,但我一直对那些台湾的绿营份子感到很好奇......例如为什么他们会那么偏激,他们到底隐藏着怎么样的心态......现在让我碰上了一个,所以就不知不觉地挖掘起他的内心世界......说真的,还真获得不少的见识......

我的动机也只有好奇,没有敌意......
Tionghoa   Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:31 am GMT
To East Asians:

我是中国大陆人。

小蝌蚪确有偏激之处,我屡次发帖说明为何中国人要用汉字,但他假装不懂,非要指责中国人都有自卑情结不可,即便与他继续争论也会徒劳无功。算了,随他去吧。

其实,你的中文写得很好,好像和那位38先生水平差不多,台湾民进党(绿营)之所以非常偏激,主要是因为他们都有不可告人的政治目的,企图破坏两岸关系,并转移台湾民众对他们的不满和愤慨(民进党执政八年,经济上不断倒退)。我觉得小蝌蚪倒很像是比较自卑的人,从他的帖子里就能看出来。如果用汉字是因为自卑,那么改用拉丁字则是对自己彻底的否定。你是日本朋友?韩国朋友?还是来自其它国家的朋友?
East Asians   Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:34 am GMT
Tionghoa Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:31 am GMT
To East Asians:
你是日本朋友?韩国朋友?还是来自其它国家的朋友?

....其它国家 :)
Little Tadpole   Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:09 pm GMT
Tionghoa: "我屡次发帖说明为何中国人要用汉字,"

http://www.pkucn.com/viewthread.php?tid=242942&extra=&page=1

"
原帖由 wata 于 2009-8-8 22:01 发表
字照写,书照读
早用上打字机了
什么汉字库,输入法等都免了。节省大量资源
电脑文字处理提前10-15年

说起来简单,但是当你实际看到拼音文字时,你会有三思。在此论坛讨论拼音文字的人,基本上一生从来没有真正用过拼音字,也没有读汉语拼音文字或写汉语拼音文字的经验。

我是例外。我是真的会写拼音文字的人。我用的是闽南语拼音文字,不是普通话。但是我可以告诉你们,第一,汉语拼音文字的路程不是你们想象中的那么简单,汉语拼音文字绝对不可能像越南语那样地去用口语拼音化。第二,你用了拼音文字,你会考虑到到底这种文字对群族和谐的冲击会不会太大?我贴一贴一首闽南语歌词,你看看再想想看,拼音字是否真的适合用于普通话。

在此论坛里,我可以保证没半个人的拼音文字经验比我丰富。但是我并不反对汉字。我也可以预测,在全部汉语方言里,唯一能做到拼音文字的只有闽南语。其他方言只能做到像汉语拼音的那种拼音音标。写拼音字不是问题,问题是在于读拼音字。闽南语教罗白话字写的人很多,维基百科就写了一大堆,但是实际上没人会去读,因为它不是文字,只是音标,读起来非常痛苦。这不是习惯问题。每一种语言的特征及需要都不一样。你不能说越南话可以拼音化所以普通话一定也能拼音化。普通话拼音字并不是绝对不可能做得到,而是工程太浩大了。"

You guys have been inventing lies all over places, stick words into other people's mouths. Very bad habit. If you are serious about Chinese linguistics, please join 北大中文论坛 www.pkucn.com. A warning, though, any bad mouthing there and you will be terminated, no exception. Also 马甲 is not tolerated. That's how people are kept civilized there.

I do have some credibility there. And I achieve it not because of bad mouthing or being infantile, but because I provide facts. Look over all my postings there, and you will learn how to behave in a civilized way, and gain people's respect. You will also find out that I have repeatedly pointed out Inferiority Complex problem there, and you will see that this problem happens quite often with the Chinese people. (A few of them behaved the way you guys have behaved here, and were all suspended/removed by the Administrator.) I talk openly there. NEVER ONCE was I warned or rejected by bulletin board administrator. WHY? Because it's a valid and important issue to discuss. When you care about people, when you want them to succeed, this is an issue that need to be brought up to light.

I am old enough to care about the next generation. People throw all kinds of insults to me, yes. But did all those insults ever bother me? Never. Because I know exactly the root of their problems. You guys are just as much victims. Victims of a bad education system while growing up. I gain respect of other people because I care about other people. Some people in www.pkucn.com have teased me, laughed at me, but after a while now they are my friends and have become very supported, and provide me with help whenever I needed. The rules of life are very simple. You care about other people, other people will care about you.

Have a nice day.
DD_Shimakaze   Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:32 pm GMT
お前は皆黙れよ!
お前らは何故本来のスレッドの話題とは関係が無いコメントを付け続けるか。
本来の話題を忘れたのじゃないのか。まさか忘れたのじゃないでしょ。

本来の話題は「韓国(ちょうせん)の漢字混用」に関する事であるんだ!分かる?
「漢字」に関するものだっても、お前たちの中国人が関与すべきの事じゃないわ!それは日本人と韓国人の問題じゃ!

しかもこのフォーラムを含む全て掲示板は侮辱の為の空間じゃないぞ!

このサイトには申告(レポート)ボタンさえも無いか。

All of you Shut....(huuuuuuuuh!) Be quiet!!!
Why are you keeping posting reply out of topic in this thread?? Uh?!
Haven't you forgot the topic of this thread? Maybe.. did you forget?

Its topic was about the Korean kanji mixed script! Understand?! Although it's about 漢字, it's not your business, Chineses!! It's the problem between Japanese and Korean.

And plus, all forum boards including this forum, is not for hurting anyone.

Where is 'report' button in this site!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
What are admins doing????

To whom wrote '你是日本朋友'
我是日本系米国人
Guest   Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:02 pm GMT
Who cares.
Papoila   Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:17 pm GMT
Korean script is very ugly.
East Asians   Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:03 am GMT
DD_Shimakaze Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:32 pm GMT

All of you Shut....(huuuuuuuuh!) Be quiet!!!
Why are you keeping posting reply out of topic in this thread?? Uh?!
Haven't you forgot the topic of this thread? Maybe.. did you forget?

Its topic was about the Korean kanji mixed script! Understand?! Although it's about 漢字, it's not your business, Chineses!! It's the problem between Japanese and Korean.

And plus, all forum boards including this forum, is not for hurting anyone.

Where is 'report' button in this site!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
What are admins doing????

To whom wrote '你是日本朋友'
我是日本系米国人
Well, this is the good thing about Antimoon Forum, I think. Sometimes, we stray from a subject and once in a while an argument gets out of hand, but that's only human nature. If everybody were not given any freedom to express themselves and had to be reported constantly for trivial matters, do you think Antimoon Forum would still be such a popular forum? I wouldn't frequent this forum for sure if such restriction were imposed.

Besides, how do you define "hurting"? In my opinion, when you "hu!?" and "uh!?" and when you make a remark like "it's not your business, Chineses!!", you are hurting people. When you shout "What are admins doing????", you are hurting people. I believe it's their idea of providing a forum with more freedom and less restriction, and I think they've done a really good job.

Oh c'mon, we're all adults! We don't just get hurt because someone says something. I suppose we have the maturity to shrug off those remarks that we do not welcome.

Well, you may feel that I'm trying to hurt you but honestly I'm not. It's just my opinion and it's up to you to decide if you really want to get hurt. :)

And by the way, the Chinese would probably have a hard time figuring out what "日本系米国人" is.

I am a Kanji lover like you and I do hope that they will revive the use of Kanji in the future. This is not very likely though and it's their own right to choose what's good for them. Maybe their government should allow the people the freedom to choose which writing system to use. I mean some people may prefer purely Hangul writing system and some may prefer a Kanji-mixed script. However, that will bring about the problem of unity. If they really revived the use of kanji, I believe this would encourage many more Chinese and Japanese to learn their language and to understand their culture. This would really be good for their economy.

(Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know, I know Chinese characters are called Hanja, and not Kanji, in Korea, but I'm talking to a Japanese, OK?)
East Asians   Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:28 am GMT
Tionghoa Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:31 am GMT
小蝌蚪确有偏激之处,我屡次发帖说明为何中国人要用汉字,但他假装不懂,非要指责中国人都有自卑情结不可,即便与他继续争论也会徒劳无功。
其实,你的中文写得很好,好像和那位38先生水平差不多...

哈哈……本人乃三八先生也……其实也别太认真了,我只不过是带着“游戏人间”的心态到此一游,偶尔改换名称,扮演不同的角色……其实,如果太认真或要扮清高,就不应该到这种论坛来混,对吧?

嘻嘻…...有中国人称赞我的中文好,难免要窃喜一番……

回到正题……有时看到汉字与拉丁字母的辩论,总觉得无聊又无谓,如果深入去解析辩论的内容,往往会发现那其实只是一场“我比你更优秀”的肤浅争辩….

汉字的好与否其实是因人而异的。就拿我个人来说吧,虽然求学时使用的语言主要是英语,但我反而觉得学习中文对我来说更容易上手和牢记,我只能解释说,可能汉字比较适合这样的脑部结构的我吧…… 英文字看久了,容易让我感觉困和疲倦,可能是单调的二十六个字母重复使用的催眠效果吧,看中文时这个问题则相对的比较轻微。还有我阅读时比较缺乏耐性,喜欢跳过啰嗦或不重要的部分,而阅读中文时进行快速阅读或搜寻重点,就比起阅读英文时来得得心应手……看说明书或阅报时,如果有中英文的选择,我总会下意识地选择中文版的,但这不是因为我的中文比较强的原因,我也无法解释为什么…… 有时候我会这样比拟,英文就像花店里的花,全部排得整整齐齐的,看起来显得单调,容易感到枯燥,而中文则像花园里的花,自然的生长,看起来比较赏心悦目……

我不知道是否已经有人在进行…. 其实应该设立一些研究小组,针对汉字和拉丁字母进行比较客观和科学性的研究……总好过这样以个人的喜好和自尊为出发点,争论个不休……

但无可否认的,一些谬论,例如哪儿听到的什么“中国人坚持使用汉字是自卑情结在作祟”,的确可以提供不少的娱乐…… :)

我也相信,在未来当人类的文明进化到更高的层次时,那时候人类的语言,是比较偏向汉字的......
Tionghoa   Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 am GMT
To East Asians:

“38先生”果然英明睿智。其实,汉字还能使人远离“失忆症”与“健忘症”。多谢!
DD_Shimakaze   Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:05 pm GMT
East Asians // Somehow we had better be more careful in forum boards...

"I'm talking to a Japanese, OK?"
Well... Exactly I'm not 100% Japanese.
I'm a Japanese-American日本系米国(→美国?)人