opened the floodgates

Guest   Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:59 pm GMT
I like the original best.
Please   Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 pm GMT
The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and proved it acceptable, even rewarding, to dive for big dreams.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and left room for dreams.

Which one?
demotivator's demotivator   Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:29 pm GMT
It's an editorial piece ditwad. OP has to change something.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and proved it acceptable, even rewarding, to go in search of their dreams. --I like this one
Please   Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 pm GMT
Thanks.
the buzz of excitement welling up inside him.

Should I change 'welling up' with 'rising'?
wannabe speechwriter   Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 pm GMT
The speech unleashed a tidal wave of inspiration and fostered a myriad of dreams among the oppressed masses.
a demotivator   Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:06 am GMT
<<Should I change 'welling up' with 'rising'? >>

It doesn't make a fuck of a difference. Don't fix what ain't broke.
Please   Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:32 am GMT
Aight. Thanks
Another Guest   Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:02 am GMT
If you want to continue with the floodgates metaphor, you could say something like "provided fertile ground for dreams".
Guest   Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:17 am GMT
The speech wrenched open the floodgates of inspiration and allowed wings to take dream.
i like these ones   Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:50 am GMT
The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and allowed for dreams to be dreamt.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and let people have dreams.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and allowed people to have dreams.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and made it possible to dream.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and made dreaming a non-futile engagement.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and made dreams not be a load of shit any more.

The speech made the floodgates of inspiration open and allowed for dreams to be dreamt.

The spoken message opened the floodgates of inspiration and allowed for dreams to be dreamt.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and lifted the moratorium on dreaming.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and allowed for dreams to be dreamt.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and revitalised the art of dreaming.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and allowed people to harbour higher expectations in the actual manifestation of their previously futile dreams.

The speech opened inspiration's floodgates and allowed for dreams to be dreamt.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and permitted dreams to be dreamt.

The speech opened up the floodgates of inspiration and allowed for dreams to be dreamt.

The speech opened the floodgates of inspiration and increased the general expectation for the fruition of dreams.